Chapter XXXVI

When Harry and Daphne sat at the Gryffindor table with their friends on the morning of the tenth, three birds were quick to swoop down on them.

The soft brown Barn Owl of Minister Shacklebolt they recognized. The Great-Horned and Short-Eared owls, they did not.

Harry quickly took the letters from the birds, yet they remained. They were waiting for return letters.

"Who are they from?" Hermione asked.

Harry passed the Minister's letter to Daphne before opening the other two.

It was several moments later that Harry let out a burst of laughter. He continued to laugh as he shook his head, "Viktor wrote to me. He wants to have a Seeker Off and is going to visit soon."

Draco shook his head, "And the other one?"

"It looks like Ginny's going to have to lighten up on her sister-in-law," Harry chuckled.

Ginny scoffed, "And why is that?"

Harry passed her a letter. It was from Jean Delacour, Head of the French DMLE, and Fleur's father. It stated that he was working closely with his Minister to give help to the growing threat of Voldemort. Lucius Malfoy's close relationship with France gave them cause for concern about their own country. He reminded Harry that he still owed the young man a life debt for his younger daughter, who was now a second year.

"I'll be damned," Ginny groused lowly. "Phlegm went and sent the paper to her father and he's rallying support."

"Harry, Très cher," Daphne smiled at him. "It seems we have a meeting with the Minister today."

Rosie had just come up to them, curious about Harry's laughter, "What's this about a meeting?"

Daphne passed the elder witch the letter from Kingsley. As she read her face shifted from curious to serious and then to stoic. "You two, let's go," She said curtly.

Harry quickly gave the three owls a piece of bacon each, "Go rest up in the Owlery."

The young couple followed Professor Evans up to the Head Table with the letters in hand. They walked to McGonagall and Flitwick, where Evans all but thrust the letter at her mother.

"Ma, they've been called out for the day," Rosie said, her Scottish tongue thick as she spoke lowly.

Minerva scanned the letter before she nodded. "Go. You're both being given a pass to come and go as needed until further notice."

"Thank you, Professor," Harry said before the couple swiftly left the hall as fast as they could.

Daphne was beginning to pregnancy waddle, she was five months pregnant after all. She was only halfway through her pregnancy so she knew the waddle would only get worse.

They slipped through hidden hallways and secret passages, as always, to get around the school quickly. They had shown them to all of their friends and made them study them. Hermione was at least familiar with them from their past adventures.

"How did you bloody find these?" Blaise asked when he was shown.

This prompted Harry to share the fact about his map. He showed them how it worked. He also showed them that he added a few features to the map. He could now ask to be shown any single person, or group, filter students, teachers, visitors, and anyone not supposed to be there.

"Who are Prongs, Padfood, Moony, and Wormtail?" Tracey asked.

Her question brought a sneer out of Hermione, a low growl from Harry, and Daphne rubbed his arm.