Chapter XIII

On the morning of the third of January, Harry was sat in the Lord Study in the Potter Manor. It was located in a side room of the library, which made up part of the second and third floors of the manor. The study itself was on the lower level of the library.

His party was given passes to return to Hogwarts in the late afternoon, so he took the time to send the family meeting letters to Narcissa and Draco Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, and the Tonks family.

The window of his study was opened, with Hedwig fluttering her wings and barking at him impatiently. Daphne poked her head through the open door, "There you are, love."

"Sorry," He glanced up from signing a letter, "I'm sending out the family meeting letters." He told her, going on to write the next.

She smiled at him as she walked over, standing beside him and loosely wrapping her arms around his neck, "When did you schedule it for?"

"Two weeks time in Gringotts." He took hold of her hand for a moment.

She hummed lightly before glancing at the impatient owl, "Which is she taking?"

Using his quill to point at three stacked letters, he sighed, "The Tonks family. Would you mind?"

"Not at all," She pulled away from him, grabbed an owl treat from a crystal dish on the desk and the letters, and walked to Hedwig.

"Here you are, girl," Daphne laughed lightly as the owl preened from having attention. "You know where to go, don't you?" She asked lightly as she tied the letters to her right leg.

Hedwig puffed her chest and lightly nipped at her fingers before taking off the window.

Having written the last letter as she walked back to the desk, Harry cast a drying charm on it. Placing the quill down, he sighed, "Kreacher."

With a light pop, the withered and bitter elf appeared. "What is filthy mudblood calling for?" The elf asked hatefully.

"Another word out of turn from you and I'll feed you to a Thestral," Harry growled at the elf.

"You are the Black family elf and I am your Lord. You will either respect that fact or will be dismissed for an elf that will." His tone was harsh as he spoke. Kreacher sneered until paling at the threat.

Giving the aged elf a hardened glare, he continued, "I am young, but not stupid. You were far too loyal to Walburga when she was alive, now you worship a bloody portrait. I am neither Uncle Arcturus nor Sirius, I will not deal with your hatred and discrimination. My mother, the late Lily Potter, was the direct Heiress of both Slytherin and Evanshade lines since Salazar. Knowing this, would you still call her a mudblood because the lines squibbed out? No, you would not."

"Hermione is actually from a squib branch of the now Dagforth-Grangers," Daphne pointed out.

"Thank you, Luv," Harry smiled at her before looking back to Kreacher. "You are to deliver these letters to Lady Malfoy, her son, and her sister. You are then to begin the cleaning and restoration of the Black family home."

Having been given his orders, Kreacher let out a croak and looked slightly better as Harry's magic bound with the elf. "Yes, Lord Black." He bowed lowly, his face still pale.

Collecting the letters, Harry stood and walked around the desk to hand them over. "You are to report to Daphne, the Lady Black, weekly on every Tuesday to have an inspection of your health and reports on the progress of 12 Grimmauld Place. She will assign you extra duties when your health will allow such. You are dismissed to begin your assignments."

Kreacher bowed lowly again as he took the letters and left in a pop.

Daphne wrapped her arms around Harry once more, laying a kiss on his jaw, "You did well, but when was the last time that elf was given an order?"