Chapter XXXIIII

As the Yule Hols fell into place only Clan Potter was left in the Castle. Bell and Rami were fascinated by the vast changes within Hogwarts since September.

Even Peeves seemed to have calmed down, around Harry's friends at least. This was something that the Bloody Baron approached Harry about.

"Lord Hadrian," The ghost called his attention one day in the library. "How is it that Peeves' calmed around your mass?"

Harry looked up from where he was rubbing Daphne's stomach, "He attempted to prank us with circus knives."

"All spirits within the Castle know about your child. Was he not told?" The Baron asked.

"Yes he was, however I doubt he was listening," Harry nodded. "Though, now he knows that parseltongue magic affects him quite effectively."

The Baron seemed thoughtful for a moment, "I'll take my leave. Thank you for informing me," He bowed his head slightly to them before floating off.

Now, Clan Potter was gathered in the Great Hall enjoying breakfast. Some of the adults would be coming by throughout the hols to visit.

"So," Seamus asked. "What are we doing today?"

"Well, since Hermione is going to go with Draco to the Ball, she needs to learn the proper dances," Harry said. "Although, sis, it's good to keep in mind that a few of them you'll never learn."

"And why not?" She asked him.

Daphne shook her head lightly, "Because they aren't taught. They are known as the Dances of The Twelve."

"I wouldn't know them if my mother wasn't a Black," Draco squeezed her hand lightly. "The Twelve are the families that have always had a hand in forming our government. The Primordial Council, The Druid Cirlce, The Wizengamot, it's always been the same twelve families. They might change their names or join families, but always the same ones."

She sighed lightly, "Context, my love."

Neville spoke up, "Well, I know that Pendragon is now Longbottom. Aurelius became Peverell before Potter. Le Fay became Greengrass, and technically Malfoy. Bones have always been Bones."

"The Grimm family changed to the Blacks," Astoria cut in.

Draco looked at his cousin, "Really? I didn't even know that."

"The surviving original Twelve are Hogwarts, Evanshade, Pendragon, Aurelius, Le Fay, Grimm, and Bones. The Galahad and Godfrey lines have died out. They're mundane family lines with the names, but they have no claim to the titles," Harry explained.

Daphne clarified, "Aurelius became Peverell. Peverell and Gryffindor became Potter. Slytherin and Evanshade became Evans. Pendragon and Hufflepuff became Longbottom. Ravenclaw is now Lovegood. Le Fay is now Greengrass and technically Malfoy. Grimm became Black, and Bones have always been Bones."

"What about the last family? It makes no sense to be called The Twelve if there is only eleven," Hermion said thoughtfully.

Luna smiled dreamily, "They all were the last family."

"Oh!" Blaise said. "Like how we all make up Clan Potter."

============================

Just like the previous year, Harry had given Daphne gifts throughout the month of December. Draco did the same for Hermione, which she came to Harry about. He explained to her that Yule wasn't a single day or night, it was a celebration seen through the month. He explained the holiday in-depth for her.

Tracey, Hannah, and Ginny were Christian though, but no one minded. Ginny was open with the fact that she was converting herself to Paganism to be closer with Seamus, Astoria, Flora, and Hestia. None of them would admit it out loud, but Harry and Daphne could see that while all four girls were falling in love with Seamus, and he them, they were also falling in love with the other girls. Flora and Hestia even seemed to be getting closer as sisters.