Twelve

⚠️ Trigger warning: mentions child abuse⚠️ Please do not read if you do not want to. 💛

Tony had run through all the information he could find on Gideon Malick. He was now an advisor to the President, and had created the foundation for ATCU. He had left the council shortly before SHIELD had fallen. Tony saw that he was clean, almost too clean, to be someone of Hydra, but he chose to believe Barnes. No man was ever that clean on file, unless someone was hiding something, and Tony was determined to find out.

Izzy still hadn't woken up, and Tony was close to breaking. He didn't know how much longer he could go on without her. He needed her.

'Sir, Miss Matthews is experiencing high levels of brain activity, and her heart rate has increased..'..

Tony was out the door of his lab, before Jarvis even finished. He slid into the elevator, and the doors closed, taking him down to the medical floor... 'Call the others, tell them to meet me there..'

'I have already notified them Sir..'..

The doors opened out onto the floor, and he ran straight for her room, and he saw that Bruce was checking her over... 'Whats going on?..'.. And that's when he saw her eyes were open, tears falling. He rushed to her side, taking her hand... 'Sweetheart, I need you to calm down ok? Bruce will get the tube out for you shortly...'... He brought her hand up, kissing it as his own tears fell... 'Im sorry Iz, I'm so so sorry. This is all my fault..'

She moved her hands touching his cheek. He smiled into her hand, as he brushed her hair from her face.

'I got a nurse coming to take the tube out, and then we'll go from there. He scans are showing that she's almost healed, we can remove the casts in a day or two. But I'll advise no strenuous activity..'... Bruce says, checking her oxygen levels.

Tony watched as she moves her hand in a writing motion, and Bruce hands him the clipboard and a pen, placing it on the bed beneath her hand, and slipped the pen into her fingers. He watched as she concentrated, trying to write.

Once she was done, he picked it up reading. He felt his entire world crash around him, with the words 'Who are you', written on the page. He shoves the clipboard back to Bruce and leaves the room, stumbling out into the hallway.

'Tony, Tony? Is she ok?..'.. He looks up, seeing Steve give him a a panicked look.

'Sh-she, she doesn't remember me..'.. Tony's words sliced right through Steve, and he pulled him in for a hug, knowing how much pain his friend was in. If she didn't remember Tony, then she wouldn't know who the rest of them were.

'We knew that it was a possibility..'.. Steve pulled back, but kept a hand on Tony's shoulder... 'We will help her remember, she's a fighter, always has been. She'll come back to us..'

'I know, I know it's just..'.. He sighed, looking back to her room behind him... 'I hoped that she would be ok..'

They watch as two nurses enter her room, and they wait, before hearing her splutter slightly. They all enter her room, being quiet as Bruce checked her over... 'Izzy, my name is Dr Bruce Banner. You're at the Avengers tower in New York..'.. He shined a light in her eyes, before stepping back... 'Can you tell me, what's the last thing you remember?..'

'I remember you being a complete asshole Stark..'.. She glared at him, as her voice came out raspy.

'Iz?..'.. His head came up, and he took a tentative step towards her bed.

'Im me, I'm fine, but I am pissed off. That mother fucker ruined my car..'.. She huffed, coughing slightly.

She watched them all sag in relief, and Tony moved closer to her... 'Im not sorry I pranked you though, thought it was better than smashing your lab to pieces..'.. She held out her hand for him, and smiled... 'I love you, even when you're a fucking idiot..'