Seven

Izzy had ensured their safe transfer to the tower, and had the best doctors for the two of them. She had left Hill to oversee the both of them, as she made her way to the airport, to meet with her hero. They wanted it to look as though they had returned from their 'pre-wedding honeymoon'. She was thankful that her dad had ensured she get there with no issues, and she watched as the stairs of the jet lowered. Not even bothering to wait for him, she rushed up the steps, and into the jet.

She threw herself at him, holding onto him tight. He didn't say a word, he didn't have to. He moved to sit back down, pulling her into his lap as he did.

Tony knew she needed a moment, after everything she had been through. She was the strongest woman he had ever met... 'I missed you too sweetheart..'.. He said quietly, rubbing her back, and kissing her on the head.

'All I could think about, was if they found out who I was, and they'd come for you. I can't ever lose you Stark..'.. She sniffled, keeping her arms around his neck, as she nuzzled into him... 'I don't think I'd survive ever losing you..'

Tony could hear the pain in her words, and he soothed her as best he could. He just wanted to take her home to the tower, and spend the rest of the week, with her in his arms.

'Come on, let's go home. We'll deal with them all together. We're a team, right?'... He asked, as she pulled back to wipe her eyes.

'Always Stark. Tony and Izzy, Iron Man and Pheonix, you and me..'.. She smiled at him, before kissing him softly. She felt his hands tighten on her, and he groaned into their kiss. Izzy pulled back giggle, as she wriggled on his lap.

'Don't start something I'll finish sweetheart, you don't want to misbehave now, would you?..'.. He smirked at her, giving Izzy the look, that sent desire burning in her veins. She bit her lip as she considered his words... 'Don't bite your lip either, you know what that does to me..'

She leaned in, nipping at his ear as she whispered... 'Yes sir, but I want to misbehave, just for you..'... She ground into his lap again, before standing up quickly, winking at him before running for the exit.

Tony growled out at her teasing him, and he sighed. If that's how she wanted to play, he'd happily oblige. Chuckling to himself, he stood, and made his way to the exit. As he stood at the top of the steps, he saw her bounce on her feet by the car. He didn't want to wait any longer, she needed to be his wife.

------------------------------------------------------------

*A few days later*

Izzy had made sure to check on both Rogers and Barnes, both their rooms were opposite each other. She had ensured that every doctor or medical staff were thoroughly checked out, and had place Hill in charge of operations control. Romaoff had moved into the tower, permanently, and Wilson part time. They had all been working together, to take down as many Hydra operatives as they could over the last few days.

Her dad had an official funeral, and the world now believed he was dead. He wanted to take some time, and she was haply for him. She would miss him, but he would only be a call away.

Izzy say at her vanity, staring at herself in the mirror, lost in her thoughts, when it all hit her. She couldn't stop the tears as they fell, the painful sobs as they escaped from her. Leaning her arms on the desk, she dropped her head into her hands, and let everything out.

She didn't know who she really was, or what she was meant to do now. Hydra weapon, Rogers child, Furys daughter, SHIELD agent, Shadow, Pheonix. They were all parts of her, identities, but who was she really? Who was she meant to be after everything, she really didn't know.

And to find out that Hydra were still out there, working from the shadows, they could still find out, and get her back. She would be constantly living with that cloud over her head.

Tony would always be her weakness, and he could get hurt or killed because of her. She wanted nothing more than to protect him, but how could she do that, when fear had a tight hold of her.

Izzy felt so many emotions, thoughts running wild in her head, that she didn't feel herself be moved. His scent started calming her down, and when he laid her in bed, and wrapped his arms around her, he still didn't say anything. He just held her, comforting her as she let it all out.

Tony stroked her hair, as she sobbed. He knew this was coming, and was so amazed at how well she had kept it together until now. He didn't risk speaking, knowing he would break down with her if he did. He had never loved anyone as much as her, and the thought of losing her, felt unbearable.

He heard her sobs quieten, and her breathing becoming relaxed. It wasn't long, before she fell asleep in his arms. Kissing the top of her head, he carefully pulled the quilt over them, and closed his eyes, needing to fall asleep too.

He would be there, every step of the way for her, just as she had been there for him. He didn't know what they would do with Barnes yet, but he would leave that decision upto her, he just hoped the goverments wouldn't come knocking, she would tear them apart.

------------------------------------------------------------

Izzy woke the next day, feeling Tony's arms around her. She remembered her breakdown the night before, and let out a disappointed sigh, for herself. She didn't want him to see her like that, she didn't want to worry him at all. She shuffled carefully, until she was face to face with him.

She couldn't help but smile, watching him sleep, there was just something about him, that settled her, gave her peace. How she ever thought all those years ago, on that mission, she was meant to kill him, but instead, he saved her.

Cupping his face with her hand, she stroked his cheek with her thumb, lost in her thoughts.

'You keep looking at me like that, and I won't be responsible for my actions..'.. Izzy grinned, as his sleepy voice pulled her back tot he moment. Slipping her leg over his waist, she pulled him to her, feeling how hard he was, against her core.

'How about we make up for lost time hero? I've missed you..'.. He rolled over her, and she giggled, as he pressed into her, nipping at her shoulder.

'We're both over dressed for what I want to do to you..'... Izzy bit her lip, seeing that smug smirk of his. Everything he would say or do, was a complete turn on for her. Pulling at his boxers, she pouted at him, knowing exactly how to misbehave.

😘