Truth or dare

"Okay what is going on here," Sam spoke up for everyone who, except the Newyorkers, still had their respective weapons or attacks pointed at Alex.

"Guys relax, Alex is seriously on our side,"

"Explain," Bucky, ordered sternly

"Alex is from the same base I was in. We grew up together, he's basically my brother and he has the same goal as me," Danny explained.

"And that is?" Bruce asked

"To take down Hydra, for good," Alex responded

"Give us one good reason why we shouldn't lock both our asses in a cell," Rhodey spurted out.

Alex reached his hands into his belt before saying. " Cause I have this," showing the room a flash drive between his fingers, causing the Avengers to slightly lower their weapons.

A few moments later, Alex and Danny stood at the head of the holo table, sifting through the files on Alex's drive. They finally found what they were looking for, and opened the file projecting a mugshot of a woman with black and green hair who looked to be in her late 30s.

"This is the woman that you got from that CCTV camera. She's had many aliases and currently, she's going by Ophelia Sarkissian but for convenience people usually call her Madam Hydra. I couldn't find much else on her except that she became Hydra's main head in 2014," Alex started

"Most of what I could get was what about me and Danny, like this," Alex finished, pulling up a report.

"It's a document of every experiment, test, and enhancement that was done on us," The soldier said, pushing the file forwards so the holographic pages spread across the table.

"If you guys were at the same base, then why didn't you leave at the same time?" Monica asked.

"It's not that simple," Danny replied

"Make it simple," Bucky said

"We both want to stop Hydra, but we didn't have the clearance to do so from the inside," Danny started

"So we came up with a plan. We knew that some kind of organisation was investigating the facility, so one of us would leave and help start an investigation," Alex said, confirming what Danny had told Monica when he first came to Sword.

"Whilst the other one stayed, and gathered as much intel as they could," Danny finished.

"If Hydra only has two of you and one had already escaped, how did you know that they wouldn't just lock you up," Pepper addressed to Alex

"On paper, I'm more powerful than Danny, which is why I had to stay. Hydra was eventually gonna send me out in the field to try and retrieve Danny,"

"And that brawl that you guys had?" Kate asked

"It was planned out, but it had to look realistic to both sides, so that's why I didn't tell you guys about Alex and why I fought him alone," Said Danny.

"You've never mentioned this Ophelia person," Monica addressed to Danny.

"Yeah, she's not exactly someone I like talking about," Danny said, rubbing the back of his head and pushing back repressed memories that were threatening to resurface.

"Everything that ever happened to us at Hydra for better or for worse was done under her orders," Alex added, showing signs of discomfort on the subject.

The table went silent for what felt like a long time until someone broke the silence.

"I think we should give him a polygraph," Hill suggested