Bishop Penthouse

It was finally time, Danny was nervous, but he wasn't sure why. He checked his phone for the tenth time in the span of just a few minutes, and read 5:50. He only needed a few minutes to get there, so he'd just been stalling for a while. A few moments later, however, his impulsiveness got the best of him, and he decided to just be early. He grabbed his bag, and jogged down the stairs, saying a short bye to his friends hoping to avoid their snarky comments. He put Kate's address on his phone's maps app and memorised the route before speeding towards the place. He decided to stop in a nearby alleyway and walk the rest of the journey. As he made his way to Kate's house he couldn't help but feel that the streets looked familiar. He hadn't really run around New York that much, but he'd definitely seen this place before. Then he saw it. A large tower was under construction, which he recognised as the previous Avengers tower. And the building he was going to was right across the street. A building in which Derek Bishop owned a penthouse

He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk for a few moments, earning him a few insults from the other pedestrians, but he quickly returned to his normal sense. He hadn't noticed before, but the perimeter of the apartment building was swarming with armed guards. At first he thought that he had put in the wrong address but he spotted the same car that he'd seen drop Kate off in the morning parked outside. There was no doubt about it. Kate was Derek Bishop's daughter. As much as he didn't want to, he mustered up all of his courage, stepped towards the door and entered the lobby. He told the teller why he was there and was instructed to get in the elevator and stop at the 16th floor. When the elevator doors opened, Danny was immediately stopped by two armed guards.

"Can we help you?" One of them asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, I'm here to see Kate," He replied.

The two guards nodded at each other and let him through. The front door of the penthouse was right across from the elevator and before Danny could even ring the doorbell, the door swung open and he was greeted by Kate wearing a pink headband in her hair.

"You're late," She said playfully inviting him in and Danny realised that all of the time he had spent pacing around the block had lost him a few minutes

"Yeah, the subway's pretty blocked up," He fabricated.

Just the entry hall to the house was huge, just a bit larger than the one in the Newyorker mansion. By the door was a coat hanger however, it only had a few coats in it all of which looked like they belonged to Kate and a large black Adidas bag. Beside that was an umbrella pot with a singular purple umbrella, and adjacent to that were three boards. A standard adult-sized skateboard, an adult-sized penny board, and a modified skateboard with massive tires and what looked like 2 tiny jet engines on the sides.

"Yeah the subways pretty slow around here, you're lucky to have gotten here so fast," Kate said suggestively

"Yeah, you could say that," Danny replied inattentively, admiring the huge entry hall he was in, before following Kate into a large living room, where he could see Kate's school books neatly placed on one of the tables.

"I'm gonna get a drink, do you want anything?" Kate asked.

"Waters fine," Danny replied, and Kate walked down a hallway, disappearing into a room. Danny was about to take a seat when he noticed something. There were a lot of framed pictures throughout the living room, but one of them was faced down. Danny glanced over at the hallway that Kate walked through and went to see the picture. He lifted the picture frame and almost dropped it back onto the table. Inside the frame was a pretty old photo with what looked like a young Kate holding a children's bow with Clint. He wanted to take a closer look at the photo, but he could hear Kate's footsteps approaching, so he placed the photo back as it was, and sat into a seat at super speed.