2 vs 3

Danny snapped out of his trance and quickly pushed his teammates out of the way of the fire.

The figure landed on the ground and dashed towards the Newyorkers, shooting a burst of fire from his back to increase his speed. He would have demolished them if Danny had not used his powers to stop and throw him into some soldiers on the other side of the warehouse.

"You guys take the soldiers and the rhino, I'll take this new guy," Danny stated harshly

"Are you crazy there's no way you're beating him," Kate replied

"Just go, I know what I'm doing," Danny said, speeding away before the others could stop him.

He stopped in his tracks, face to face with the figure who was indeed subject 2 who he had seen last night.

"You're faster than I remember," Subject 2 said smirking

"So are you," Danny replied, clenching his fist that was sparking with blue energy.

The two soldiers charged at each other, using their respective heat and energy to propel themselves forward. The opponents crashed into each other, with Subject 2 obtaining the upper hand. He continued to blast forward, whilst maintaining a tackled position with Danny and gained a little altitude before crashing back down to the ground, using his opponent as a shield.  

"Get off of me," Dany groaned, pushing his opponent off him, rising back onto his feet using a kip up, with his assailant mirroring his move.

The two readjusted themselves, returning to their near identical combat positions, before switching on their powers. Each of their forearms was engulfed in their respective blue energy and fire.

Subject 2 launched a short beam of fire at Danny, which he shielded with his energy-enhanced arms, causing the beam to flutter out into a sort of wall. Subject 2 emerged from the flames, and swooped down, ready to attack. Danny hastily threw his head back and fell to his knees, sliding across the floor, barely evading the meteor that subject 2 had become. The sapphire speedster spun back onto his legs and maintained his momentum, jumping into an aerial with his foot connecting to his assailant's face.

They started brawling, but they were matched hit for hit, perfectly in sync. Each of them knew what the other was gonna do and how to counter it. Danny managed to get a hit in and with his opponent off balance, he performed a perfect tornado kick, which subject 2 was able to dodge. Danny sent a front kick towards Subject 2 which was blocked, sending Danny's right foot back to the ground. This put Danny out of phase for just a fraction of a second before both he and Subject 2 sent their own respective roundhouse kicks at each other. Their two legs collided in mid-air, and it seemed to be an endurance match but Danny broke it up, jumping into a front leg hook kick that shot into Subject 2's face. The two legs separated and Danny dive-rolled back onto his legs, whilst Subject 2 flipped and landed in the 'superhero pose'.

From Danny's perspective, it looked like hand-to-hand combat wasn't enough. They were equally matched. He needed a weapon.

He took a split second to search around him and saw a group of metal chains resting against a large wooden crate. He dashed over towards them, and grabbed two chains, leaping into the air before a fireball missed him and hit the wooden crate. Danny moved the bundle of chains under his left left arm, and rotated his right arm at superspeed, creating a vortex that successfully put out the young fire.

Danny landed back on his feet, quickly took the ends of both chains, wrapped them around his wrists a few times and strongly grasped onto the rest, holding the chains like whips.

Subject 2 looked at him confused before Danny spun into another aerial, and the end of one of the chains slashed Subject 2 in the shoulder as he dodged a second too late. He grimaced before jumping up to avoid a chain that Danny had sent at his feet in an attempt to trip him.