"Oh lord-" Lauren dropped her head with a blush and Aria giggled,

"See I wasn't gonna say anything at first but since Silas already broke the ice, I might as well ask. She really put it down on you like that sis? You bright as the damn sun right now."

She smirked, biting her lip, "yeah well you should see Sade." The sly comment caused the other two to snicker.

"What's wrong with Sade?" Dylan asked, now entering the kitchen as well with a confused expression.

"Nothing," they all said in unison. He squinted,

"Ohhkay? And holy shit it smells good in here. Who's cooking?" The girls pointed to Silas who's back was now turned as he faced the open fridge. "This looks amazing man." Silas stepped back toward the island with two pitchers of beverages.

"Thanks D," he said smiling.

~~~~

The time was about 10 am and the food was now ready to be served. Only five of the seven friends occupied the kitchen and living room as Silas prepped the table.

Lauren Hill's 'Nothing Even Matters' serenaded a bit louder now through Silas' speaker as the few that resided on the main level chatted in waiting. The three guys kept to the kitchen and dining area. Lauren and Aria sat on the couch talking while sharing a blanket given they both had on shorts.

"Hunter still sleep? Do you know?" Lauren asked her friend. Aria shrugged,

"Girl, I have no clue. She shouldn't be, she was the first one to go to bed."

"She may have been up watching tv or something though." Aria nodded,

"True true. I'll give her five minutes before going up there to get her."

"Same."

Aria smirked at Lauren, wiggling her eyebrows making her friend playfully push her back with a laugh.

~~~~~~

Sade's POV:

'Let's try this again shall we?'

No.

'Let's try this again shall we?'

Stop it.

'Aw come on sweetheart that wasn't very nice.'

Get out of my head.

'Let's try this again shall we?'

'Aw come on, we were just having some fun, isn't that right sweetheart?'

Ugh!

Drawing my soapy wet hands from the water, I put my head in them with an exasperated sigh. Unknowingly, tears trickled from my eyes as I tried hard to focus on my breathing. It wasn't easy.

Nonstop, that moment has been replaying in my head. Nonstop, I've been afraid to go anywhere or do anything alone. Nonstop, since that night, I've felt so.....inferior.

Ever since it happened, I've been trying my best to be okay. And even when I'm not, I try my best to fake it until I make it. It's been working so far, I think. Every now and then, Lauren could see through the cracks. I have to give it to her, she reads me pretty well despite my best efforts.

Attempting to pull myself together and just breathe, I then grabbed the body wash and loofah and began scrubbing away.

~~~~~~~

Lauren's POV:

"Okay yeah, I'm gonna go see if Sade's still asleep," I told Aria before standing from the sofa and giving her the part of the blanket I shared.