How It Started

Aubrey
Ever since my boyfriend drowned in a pool last summer, I've been going to a therapist every week. Not that I mind it, it's just how can you be fine when you lost someone you loved? Which is why I decided to move. Not that my mom was very fond of it. Of course I still have to go to therapy though. Great.
~~~~
"$24.35". Oh no. "Wait, $24? I don't have enough money" I explained. "Sorry but we can't cut the prices" The cashier said Oh gosh, why did I not look at the prices? "Okay, um..." Ugh stupid me. "I guess I don't need paper towels" I said. But then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. He had the most beautiful bright blue eyes. He was pretty tall and looked to be my age.

  He had some money in his hand. "Oh no thank you. I don't really need paper towels, I can just get rid of them " I said throwing in a smile. But he went right pass me and handed it to the cashier then started walking away. "Wait! Thank you!" He just nodded his head and left. I turned back to the cashier. "Who was that?" I asked full of curiosity. But she just shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well thanks anyway" I said. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "Have a great day!" She said. "You too" I said smiling.
~~~~
  After I got home and put my groceries away. I heard a knock on my door. Seriously why can't I have some alone time?

  "Good evening new neighbor!" Said this random old lady. She had a purple dress on with a jacket around her waist. She looked to be around her 60's. "Um hi?" I said.

"I wanted to meet you my dear! I saw that you moved in yesterday and I wanted to make sure you got a warm welcome!" She said smiling. "My names Autumn, but you can call me Granny if you want to" She said smiling even bigger now.

"Oh thank you. My name is Aubrey" I said smiling back at her. She was actually really nice. "I baked these goods for you and I was wondering if you would like to come over tomorrow?" Autumn Asked What am I supposed to say to that? I mean I barely know her. "Um sure? Also thank you for the food" I said. " Of course dearie!" She said, smiling once again. "We'll I must be going! Gotta get plenty of sleep you know? Have a great day Aubrey!" "Thanks you to" I said heading back inside. Welp I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow at least
~~~~
"So how's your new life going"? Asked Autumn. Yes I eventually decided that going might not be that bad of an idea, even if I don't know her well. "Pretty good, it's really peaceful out here with the lake." Autumn took a sip of tea before replying. "It is isn't it? That's one of the many perks of living out here."

I wondered if there was anywhere to walk Bailey my, German shepherd, out here. "Yeah. Also I was wondering is there anywhere that I could walk my dog?" I wasn't keen on walking her around a crowed place because then everyone wants to pet her, but anything right now would work. "She's been cramped up for days"
Autumn's look of surprise made me feel weird. "What do you mean!? You haven't seen the beach yet?!" Autumn asked surprised. Beach? What? "Um no? I've just been in town"I explained. "Dearie there is a beach! I can give you directions if you want?" Autumn said
~~~
"Come on Bailey!" I yelled, waiting for her to come. I decided to go to the beach, I mean what could go wrong? As long as I don't get in the water, I'll be fine... right? Finally Bailey came. "Okay let's go girl"

To be continued...

Thank you so much for reading! This is my first story, so I'm sorry if it's bad. It might take awhile for the second part to come, but I'll make sure to work on it :) Also credits to Summer278774 for name ideas! Tysm Summer! Sorry if there is any errors/mistakes. And have a amazing day! 😊