The guy on the bus

Start from the beginning

All the while he was sitting in the bus, Minho's brain kept visualising the boy, and, more often than he would like to admit, Minho found his eyes straying back to said boy, who now had his headphones on and was bobbing his head to the music he was listening to.

Minho shook his head firmly to get rid of the thoughts until he finally gave up on fighting with himself and turned to take a good look at the boy.

He had fluffy light brown hair covered with a dark blue beanie, chubby cheeks, wide doe eyes and plump lips. Overall the guy gave Minho the impression of a human- sized squirrel.

He's cute Minho thought, then almost slapped himself physically on realizing what he thought.

His torture had ended, however when the bus slowed down at his stop.

Eager to leave, Minho grabbed his backpack, swung it over his shoulder and was out of the door before the bus could stop completely.
He didn't realise that the squirrel boy on the bus had also gotten down behind him.

The entire day passed uneventfully and Minho did a good job on forgetting about the boy's existence, that is, until he met him again the next day.

The next day, Minho, in a hurry (he had overslept again -_-) forgot to charge his Airpods which led to his mind being occupied by Squirrel boy as soon as he saw him.

He had the same bulky backpack as the day before, and had come and sat on the same seat. The only difference was, he wasn't wearing a beanie today, his hair was messy, he had bags under his tired eyes, and he looked sleep deprived.

I wonder when he slept yesterday night, Minho thought, then got confused. Why was he thinking about a random stranger????

Minho sighed. He continued to stare at the boy subconsciously. Soon enough he found himself tapping his feet to the rhythm of the song that was blasting through the guy's headphones.

How did he not go deaf at the sheer volume????

This continued for two weeks.

Two weeks of staring at the boy through the corner of his eye, two weeks of moving his body to the beat of the songs playing through his headphones and two weeks of getting his thoughts plagued by said boy.

It was tiring, to say the least.

Flashback ends~

"So" Chan said, after Minho finished his story and went to grab a bottle of water. "Basically, a guy on the bus who looks like a squirrel caught your eye and now you can't stop thinking about him?"

Minho set the now empty water bottle down. "Pretty much."

"Got a picture?" Chan asked casually.

"What the fuck hyung?! Do you think I'm that creepy?!"

The older shrugged. "Well you have been staring at him for the past two weeks so I figured you'd sneak a picture somehow"

Minho sighed. "Fuck you"

"Mhm. Well I can't do anything to help you out apart from telling you to man up and go talk to him without stalking him or staring at him like a creep."

"Frankly the second and third options sound much more appealing right about now" Minho mumbled.

"Oh quit moping around. You'll get the courage soon enough." Chan patted Minho's shoulder in what he thought was reassurance. "Wanna come to the studio with me in the meantime?"