'Til We Both Say - Johnlock

Beginne am Anfang

That I wouldn't be alone

He curled up on my chest and sighed deeply. I shivered, wrapping my arm around him. This wasn't normal, right? You're not supposed to feel this close to a one-night stand. It felt ridiculous. But I didn't care.

When I told you I'd fallen

For you

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

Now it's only been days

We haven't left this apartment,

No one's walking away

He didn't leave my flat. I didn't make him leave. We slept together again. We talked more. I remembered his name. William.

You're at the foot of my bed

I wanna hear every thought I see racin' through your head

He talked a lot about how loud and fast his thoughts were. He said it stressed him out and made him exhausted. I felt really bad for him, and I wished there was something I could do. But there wasn't. All I could do was listen and get to know him better.

So have the sad

And the scars

I'll show you mine and

I promise to care after yours

We started dating properly after a few weeks of 'casually' seeing each other. I hadn't thought about going out with anyone else, but we decided to see where it would go and be open until we figured it out. He told me after we started dating that he never went out with anyone else either.

We've both been broken before

Let me fill the cracks that litter your floor

Know it all seems fast

But I can't past that first crash

It's yours

Whatever's left

There was a lot that William had been through, and I wished I could've helped him. But I had to learn that he needed to work through those things himself. The problems with his family, his brain, his identity. I could help, but I couldn't fix it. I have a tendency to try and fix things. Even when I can't.

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been waitin' for

The first sign

That I wouldn't be alone

When I told you I'd fallen

For you

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

What if everybody says,

Everybody says

That we're just crazy?

The way we met was maybe a bit off to some people, but it made sense to us. I don't care much if people think we're weird. Cause... we are. And that's fine.

I wouldn't change one line

Or word that you've heard tonight

He told me a few months in that he actually didn't go by William. He went by his first middle name, Sherlock. I said I liked it. He said he would've told me sooner, but he was scared to trust people. I said I was scared too.

No matter what anybody says,

Anybody says

I'm going crazy!

Holding this all in my chest

I think you're holding it too

Feelin' the same way I do!

I'd never had a relationship before Sherlock. He'd dated a few guys, but no one that really treated him very well. They treated him like a child or someone who was incapable of taking care of themselves. I made a conscious effort to absolutely never do that, under any circumstance.

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been waitin' for

The first sign

I had to come out after we'd been dating for a year. Technically, I didn't have to, but my dad caught us on a date together, so I was sort of forced to come out. My family didn't really mind, especially once they got to know Sherlock. My mother in particular loved him.

That I wouldn't be alone

When I told you I'd fallen

For you

He cried when I told him I loved him. No partner had ever said that to him. It made me cry too.

I can't wait 'til we can both say

I've been feelin' it

The whole time

My mother always asked if I was happy. She'd done that since I was a child. It was her way of checking up on me with a simple question that I could understand at any age. Sometimes, I'd give very short answers, a yes, no, or maybe. But, as I got older, my answers meant a bit more. The day after I came out to her, she texted me, asking if I was happy.

I said I was watching Sherlock pet a dog on the side of the street. He had the biggest smile on his face and looked so incredibly excited. I told her that I was more than happy and sent her a photo of my dorky boyfriend.

Mum got us a dog on our three-year anniversary.