Scars

Coco's POV

I open my eyes, looking down at the track marks left by Gabbie. Everything I tried so hard not to do was happening. Everything I worked so hard for. I slide out from Gabbie's grip, studying her. "Fuck." I whisper, running out of the trailer as fast as I could. What the fuck was I even doing? I should've made her come with me, but I couldn't force her. She didn't want to leave this hell hole.

****

I sit in the clubhouse, fiending. I sniffle as I puff on my cigarette, feeling like all eyes are on me. Isaac came here. Wanting me to steal from the club. Did Gabbie tell him about the club shit? I shrug it off, fidgeting with the butt of the cigarette. How do I do this? I can't. These are my brothers, but club rules are club rules. They find out Gabbie slammed me, Angel and boyscout would freak and intravenous drug use would be a death sentence. I look up, Angel sits in front of me. I could tell him about Gabbie. I'm so lost in thought I don't hear Gilly speaking to me. He taps my arm, sipping a beer. "You good dawg?" He asks me, looking concerned. I nod heavily. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm straight fool." I state, inhaling smoke after. I put the cigarette out quickly as bish waltzes in, sighing. "We do this fast and we do it carefully, got it? Let's roll out." He tells us as we pile out of the door. Ez walks next to me. "You hear from Gabbie recently?" He questions. I tense up. Did he know? I look over at him, shaking my head. "Nah. Still no word. You?" I ask, sitting on my bike. He also shakes his head. "Nah I think she went back to where ever she came from. I mean, if she knew Packers son she must've lived in San Bernardino.  I was thinking about going over and looking for her, just have found the time." He explains, jumping on his bike. An intrusive thought crosses my mind, thinking tell him. Tell him where she's really at and what kind of psychos she's with, yet I don't. I just nod as Gilly and I hop in the truck. Maybe after all this shit is is done I can convince her to come back. Get clean. I want to be clean and straight, again. I know the struggle.

Gabbie's POV

The sunshine in the trailer woke me from my slumber. I sit up, fixing another rig. I hear someone open the door, and step in. I don't look up. It's either Butterfly or Isaac. "Got room for one more?" I hear, snapping my head up. Coco stands there. Broken. Sad. Lost. "No. I don't. You should leave." I tell him, avoiding eye contact. He squats down to my level, grabbing my hand. "I'm with you, Gabbie. Right now. You've seen. I'm strung the fuck out. You out of all people can't tell me no." He says, looking at the setup. I scoff. "Coco, this isn't you. You aren't this person I'm-" Butterfly cuts me off walking in. He smirks, standing at the doorway way. Coco doesn't notice him. "Am I interrupting your heart-to-heart? I apologize." He says as he crosses his arms. Coco looks up, standing. "You need something white boy?" he asks, stepping closer to him. I start pulling Coco back. "Oh you didn't tell him, did you? Figured you would since he stole from his club to protect himself and you. Can't be honest still?" He asks, looking towards me. It's silent as Coco turns to me. "What's he talking about?" He questions me, searching for an explanation.  "Gabbie, what the fuck is he talking about? What didn't you tell me?" He asks again, looking between the both of us. "Jonah didn't kill my girlfriend that night. The charges your club got her off of? She drove the knife through her chest. Funny considering she cries every time she sees a dead body. She's the biggest psycho there is." Butterfly explains to him, smiling at me. I run at him, shoving him. He stumbles back, barely catching himself as Coco steps in between. He grabs my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. "Is that true?" He asks me. "IS IT TRUE?!" He screams as he shakes me. I sob. "Yes," I mutter, my lips quivering. He let go, punching the trailer wall. "I couldn't tell you guys. I panicked, okay?" I cry out, reaching toward Coco. He yanks away. "You always panic! You always lie! This shit is old Gabbie!" He yells, grabbing the metal tin with the tourniquet. He sits down, running his hands through his hair. Butterfly exits, chuckling as he leaves. There's silence as Coco ties himself off and inserts the needle. I turn to him. "What happened Coco? Where are you?" I ask, sitting next to him. He laughs, looking at me. "Where am I? Where the fuck are you?" He questions, Injecting himself. He releases the tourniquet, laying back. "They took my fucking vision, you know? Can you believe that? Do you know what I got to show for it? Stealing from the club and a drug habit I avoided my whole life. I ended up right where I didn't want to be. Did you get the nerve to ask where the fuck I'm at? Fuck you, Gabbie! You fucking left. You fucking abandoned everyone because that's what you do." He cries out, sobbing into his hands, leaning against me. I run my fingers through his hair, trying to hold the tears back as he cries. He sits up, sniffling. Barely able to hold his eyes open. He looks toward me, kissing me. I kiss back as well, entangled in each other, desperately. He pulls away. "I love you Gab. You know that, right?" He whispers, pushing the stray hair from my face. I nod, letting a tear fall. "I love you too Coco.  So please, go home. Before you destroy everything you gained." I respond. He hangs his head. "I won't leave without you. So let's make a deal. If I leave, you leave." He states. I cry harder. "Coco I'm tainted. Broken. I'm no good." I tell him, wiping my eyes. "Gabbie, you don't know how wrong you are. And I'm gonna prove it " He explains, falling backward. Oh, Coco. How the mighty have truly fallen. And you were the strongest being I've ever known.