Jumanj Style

The one placid field was now nothing but chaos. The ground was torn and singed from the fight, with flecks of blood or saliva painting the grass. It seemed that no matter what your moral orientation was, (good or evil) no one appreciated mutiny.

Sports Master could be heard all the way across the field cussing out his daughter with words that could make a sailor blush. Something which I'm sure KF didn't appreciate as he leapt to her aid, pulling back a mean right hook and nailing him straight in the mouth. Lex Luthor and Queen Bee couldn't been happy either, even if one of them was unconscious at the moment. I scanned the battle field, searching for the doctor and his murderous bodyguards.

I saw Superboy fighting Blockbuster, currently wrestling with each other dangerously near the edge of the cliff. It appeared Aqualad and Rocket had found some Intergang weapons, and were keeping Luthor busy, with Rocket picking off Bruno's thugs overhead. I nearly choked when I saw Robin dancing around Bane's massive fists, but he and Zatana seemed to be holding up just fine against the strength-enhanced supervillain.

Eventually through the chaos, I managed to spot Linh, Bruno, and Whisper running towards the helicopter with a pilot in tow. My fists clenched. They weren't going to get away- not this time. I took off from the cover of the trees, making a beeline for the chopper. I dodged a flurry of limbs, stray bullets, and flying bodies as I ran, gritting my teeth as the four of them climbed into the chopper. The blades began to spin.

As my boots kicked up dirt behind me, I yanked a knife from my jacket. The pilot saw me approaching from his seat in the cockpit, flinching and crying out in alarm to Whisper and Bruno. The two of them readied their weapons from inside the cabin and braced for an attack, but they weren't my target. With an graceless oof I managed to dodge their initial strikes, kick off the landing skis with all my strength, and scramble for the base of the tail boom. The powerful air of the helicopter blades nearly made me lose my grip, but I managed to climb up and head for the top of the chopper. I dearly hoped I wouldn't be decapitated.

"What's she doing?"

"Stop her!"

I was no engineer, but I remembered a scene from Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle where Dwayne Johnson had to re-attach something on the rotor mast so they could fly out of the canyon and escape the rhinos. So without thinking, I plunged my knife into the mast, hoping I'd hit something important. The helicopter shuddered underneath me, bucking like a mechanical bull. I was about to go in for another stab when I felt Whisper's searing whip wrap around my ankle.

With a yank, I was flung from the roof of the helicopter in a less-than-flattering impression of Puss in Boot's cartwheel. I had a gruesome image of my severed head flying through the air, but thankfully I narrowly avoided a close call with the spinning blades of death. I heavily on the ground, groaning and my butt aching. But as I lay on the ground, a smile crept on my lips as I heard their frenzied remarks.

"What'd she do?!"

"The rotor is jammed! We're grounded, sir!"

Dr. Linh's face flushed so deeply with anger, his face resembled the color of a plum. He nearly knocked aside one of his own guards to get to the pilot as he yelled,

"She's a kid and this is a military grade helicopter! What do you mean we're grounded!?" He asked.

A bark of crazed laughter slipped past my lips. I whispered a prayer of thanks to the Hollywood screenwriters, hoping I'd either broken the helicopter or at least bought us some time.

"Ha! They're stranded!" I remarked gleefully in the mind link.

"Nice one, Blue!" Artemis encouraged.