Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER

Start from the beginning

I reached out for it and opened it. Inside was a small box and a letter. I decided to read the letter first.

Our dear Ezra,

We have found out from the school that you have risked your life far too many times to save it. For someone who claims to not care, you sure do. Just like your brother.

We were absent for the most part of your life and it came with a lot of regrets and remorse. We were too scared to lose you that we decided to ignore you.

We know it probably doesn't make any sense but with the possibility that we might lose you after this battle and the Blood Sacrifice curse, we fear you might never know how much you actually mean to us. While your brother was reckless, you were always the quiet child who read and we were scared that you'd end up like Elliot. We wanted a picture-perfect daughter. We didn't even mind your sexuality.

With that being said, we are sorry. Truly, deeply sorry for having inflected so much pain on you.

We learned from your friend Yoko that you are in a relationship with this girl named Enid. We truly hope she makes you happy because you deserve it.

In this little box, you will find two rings. Consider them as promise rings for the both of you as we found out that Enid and you have been going strong. Maybe a little promise ring could be the first step to sealing the deal. Who knows?

With that being said, give us a call when you wake up.

We love you, Ezzie-bear.

Mom and Dad.

I folded the letter neatly and took a deep breath. As meaningful as it was, as much as it boiled me on the inside. I grabbed the little box and opened it. There were two white gold rings, one with the moon engraved on it and the other one with the sun. I cracked a little smile, knowing exactly which one to give to Enid.

My thoughts were interrupted by my girlfriend barging in with the nurse. I quickly put the box in the bag and pushed it aside.

"So? Am I leaving today?" I swiftly asked.

"Yes, you may leave. I will just check if your wounds have healed." The nurse stated gently with a soft smile. She slowly removed my bandages revealing freshly healed wounds.

"You will need to bandage them and apply this medicine on them every time you change the bandages. The healing process will still take around 3 weeks." She explained.

I nodded my head and stood up. "Fucking hell, I need some water." I mumbled.

"Here you go, I got you some." Enid stated, handing me a cold water bottle. I opened it and chugged it quickly. Fuck yeah, I felt brand new.

"Let's go, E. And thank you miss." I said kindly.

We walked to our dorm and everyone who saw me started cheering me on. I barely smiled back because, again, if I saved this school, it was to keep my girlfriend safe. I couldn't care less about the rest of the students. Enid nudged my shoulder gently. I looked over at her, she was smiling proudly.

"I'm so proud of you." She said.

I smiled back and kissed the top of her head. "Thank you, E."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we reached our room, Enid helped me take off my clothes and bandages in order to shower. I took a long, much needed shower and cleaned myself, making sure not to scratch myself or open any wound.