Chapter 44 - Secrets Never Last Long - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It's weird knowing it's you but you're so fluffy." Again, Evan would be offended, but he took it as Rory's first encounter with a wolf and probably his last.

"You understand me, right?" he asked hesitantly as if only now realizing that it might not have been that way. Otherwise, Evan would have barked in agreement, but not wanting to alert the girls to what was going on in the bathroom, he decided to wag his tail, hoping Rory would understand. According to his smile, he did.

"Thanks, E. I really needed this," he whispered, and it finally seemed that the weight he'd been carrying on his shoulders disappeared. Evan was more than happy to help and decided to express his joy in the only way he could in this form.

"Eww." Rory pulled his hands away from his fur to wipe the drool from his face. He clearly didn't share Evan's enthusiasm. Despite his reaction, Evan decided to do it again, but before he could, his hearing picked up on something. He remained still, turning his ear towards the door, and indeed. It looked like their supernatural moment was over. Without warning Rory (not that he could anyway), he took a few steps away from him and began to shift back.

Rory was apparently so mesmerized by this act that he decided to watch it, even though he must have known that he would end up seeing his friend naked. Just the pile of clothes at his feet hinted at it.

As soon as Rory's eyes rested on Evan's private parts, he quickly turned around, but Evan could still see the blush that flooded his face. He, on the other hand, didn't care, since he was used to it as a wolf.

"The girls are up," he clarified when he could speak again, and without waiting for Rory's reaction, he quickly started to get dressed again.

"Okay," he answered him, still facing the door.

"So they don't know?" Rory asked just to be sure, though the answer was clear to him from Evan's demeanour. The other boy hesitated. Angie's secret was hers, and he had no right to share it with anyone without her permission, but he didn't know if he could at least admit she knew about him. He had no doubt that it wouldn't surprise Rory as he knew that they had grown up together and were close.

"Angie does," he admitted. He had decided to trust him with his biggest secret, so it was ironic that he was debating whether or not to tell this one. And as he had assumed, Rory didn't seem surprised.

"Guys!" came a muffled voice from outside. The girls were obviously looking for them and when they didn't find them directly, they decided they had to find them.

"Bathroom!" Evan yelled back, and Rory quickly turned the key in the lock so they wouldn't have any unnecessary questions. He barely had time to retreat when the door burst open right next to his head.

"Hiding from us?" Lola asked with a big smile. Angie was peeking from behind her, but she didn't rush to the bathroom. She looked drained of energy, and Evan found it comical that the two of them looked the worst yet had the best healing.

"You guessed it," Rory replied without hesitation. His attention was fully on the girls, and Evan hoped it dawned on him that a secret was a secret, and he shouldn't even bring it up in front of Angie. He planned to remind him later just to be sure, as he had no doubt that their conversation was not over yet.

"We also made you waffles."

...

His conversation with Rory went smoothly. Now all that was left for him was the conversation with Angie that he had been dreading. He knew that his friend would be honest with him and even though honesty was what he needed most right now, he knew that he would be consumed by guilt again and he wasn't looking forward to it at all.