A New Start | Part 1 (Oneshot)

"Annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you" 

Yechan, Kevin and Taedong entered the practice room to meet the other members for the very first time. The company decided the evaluation day was the right moment to join them because the company recruited the three of them a few weeks after the others and wanted to bring some action since they just started to film their debut show. 

The three of them were told to enter when one of the members was about to sing, Yechan felt like it was the worst moment the crew could ever want them to reveal themselves. Especially after they saw all of them getting ready a few minutes ago and how they made the member who almost started singing to volunteer against his will as the first candidate. 

They exchanged greetings quickly and were told to sit on the floor to finally start. The member who was the first to sing was Jaehan, the eldest from what he could catch of the slight talking among the members. When he finished he got highly praised by the teachers and the members as well, Yechan thought that if he is not going to be their main vocalist then no one else is good enough for this position. 

After this nerve wrecking event they were on the way to the dorm, Yechan was nervous to find out where he is going to sleep. The members talked a little after the evaluation, they already settled in the rooms and only two options were left for him, Kevin and Taedong. 

After reaching the living room the members waisted no time and showed  the available rooms. They discovered the company was not so organized, it turned out they had only ten beds in the dorm. One person was left without a room so they immediately talked with the staff members and were told that originally they were supposed to be only ten members instead of eleven so they didn't have enough time to make it.

"I guess one of you need to settle in the living room" Xen said after a few seconds of quiet, no one said anything after the staff revealed the news about the missing bed. 

"I'll be right back" Jaehan said and without explaining got out of the dorm with his phone in his ear. 

"I think the maknae needs to sleep in the living room" Hangyoem said casually, not making eye contact with Yechan after saying it. 

Yechan couldn't believe his new hyungs  are using the maknae card. He hated it, just because he is the youngest he needs to suffer more? 

"Okay, so who am I going to share a room with?" Taedong asked right away, probably dying from happines that he's not the victim. 

Yechan just took his bag and went to the living room putting his bag on the couch, right after taking a seat on the floor. He didn't imagine his first day at his new group to be like this.  He couldn't believe he's going to sleep here, having no closet or privacy and that the members just accepted it right away. He won't lie, he was dissapointed. 

He was thinking hard and zoned out apparently, because he didn't hear Jaehan entering. 

"Hey, can you hear me?" Jaehan asked probably after a several failures of trying to call him to gain his attention. 

"Yes sorry, I zoned out" Yechan smiled in embarasmment, looking at Jaehan standing beside the couch putting his phone at the back pocket of his jeans. 

"Where are the others?" Jaehan asked confused, looking around for  the members. 

"Showing Taedong and Kevin their new rooms" Yechan answered and really tried not to show any negative emotion. He needs to accept this and move on, he can't let it influence his relations with the members. 

"So why are you here?" Jaehan seemed to not catch why he's here alone in the living room. He took a seat on the floor beside Yechan and looked at him waiting for an answer. 

"They said one of us needed to settle in the living room, I'm the maknae so I'm the chosen one" He answered with a little laugh at the end, he tried to show he's okay with it. He just wants to get along with everyone so they can be a group with good teamwork and friendship. He really wants this time being in a group to last. 

"What? You're telling me this is your new room? The living room?" Jaehan asked in disbelief, before Yechan could answer him the older huffed in annoynce and got on his feet. 

"Come with me" Jaehan ordered, offering his right hand to help him getting up. He was confused but took his hand and stood up. 

Jaehan took his big bag that layed on the couch and led him to one of the rooms on the first floor, to be exact the left one at the end of the hall. He still held his hand when he opened the door and made Yechan to get in as well. 

"This is your new room" Jaehan stated, putting his bag on the double bed in the center of the room. He went to the closet and started to divide the shelves. 

"The closet is not that big but don't worry, you will have enough space" Jaehan said orgenizing the closet. 

Yechan was in shock. He didn't expect any of his hyungs to do something like this, also Jaehan was so casual about it as if it was the most trivial thing to do. But sharing his room that meant to be just for him out of his own will and as the eldest in the group was something big to Yechan. Also his reaction to the decision of the others of him settling in the living room while he was outside really warmed his heart. 

"Hyung" Yechan called him in a tiny voice, he didn't know how to express his gratitude. 

"Yes?" Jaehan asked after finishing with the closet, turning around to face him with the most beautiful smile. 

"Thank you, I really appriciate it" Yechan said a little embarassed, making his way to his bag so he could start orgenizing his clothes in the closet. 

"If you need anything don't hesitate to call me" Jaehan said and after being rejected by the younger to help he left Yechan to do it. 

(I'm sorry for any mistakes, emglish is not my first language I'll try to do my best.)