photograph

seonghwa woke up to the same feeling as he went to sleep with last night but he didn't want it to have an impact on their limited family time together. he sits up when he noticed he was alone in his bed, thinking about if he should talk to hongjoong about yesterday again. 

his thoughts were interrupted by a familiar laugh coming from the living room and when he steps outside he sees hongjoong and moon playing together on the couch and from one second to the other seonghwa forgets all his worries again. whenever he sees moon and hongjoong he feels like nothing else matters because he got everything he needs. 

hongjoong smiles when he sees still sleepy seonghwa standing and watching them. moon also turns around to see and runs to seonghwa with the same big eyes as him. 

"good morning, my baby." seonghwa said as he picks up moon with a light peck on his cheek. he glances at hongjoong and gives him a small smile. 

"morning, joongie." he walks towards the couch and sits beside the other with moon on his lap.

"did you sleep well?" seonghwa asked.

"because of the jet lag I woke up quite early but it was fine because this little one woke up around the same time." hongjoong answered, booping moon's nose while the kid laughs. 

"and you?" seonghwa knew he meant that in connection with last night but hongjoong didn't want to make the other feel uncomfortable.

"good, I feel better now." hongjoong nods in response while moon looks up at seonghwa with concerned eyes.

"you didn't feel good, mommy?" he asked sadly, clinging closer to him but seonghwa quickly reassured him.

"it was just a light headache, don't worry." he answered, caressing moon's head. 

"but I have something that will make us all feel better but how about we eat first?"  with that the three of them got up to prepare their breakfast while moon talked about his dream last night. 

when they finished eating, seonghwa made them sit on the couch again as he went thru some cabinets to find a photo album. he takes it and sits back to the others, holding it in front of them. 

"how about we show daddy some of your baby pictures." although seonghwa hates to take pictures of himself, he loves to take pictures of moon since he was born. 

he opens the album and on the first page was moon right when he was born, wrapped in white fabric and a matching hat. hongjoong gasps, looking at the first picture. 

"oh my god, you looked so cute." he said, pinching moon's cheek. "you looked exactly like me."

they scrolled thru the whole album, seeing pictures of every birthday and every time moon got bigger and bigger. it saddened hongjoong a little bit that he wasn't a part of all of that, he wished he could go back in time to see moon grow in front of him. seonghwa noticed the other got really quiet beside him. he glances at him looking at all the pictures one by one with moon sitting on his lap, laughing and pointing at some of them. 

"what are you thinking about?" seonghwa asked as his eyes met with hongjoong's which were a little glossy. hongjoong takes a deep breath, looking back at the pictures.

"I just wish I was there too." he answered and seonghwa understands it, he felt guilty for taking away the father-son experience from him. he doesn't know if hongjoong will ever forgive him for that and he can't give them the time they already lost but what's more important is that they're together now and there is no way they will be separated again.