compass

hongjoong finds two familiar happy faces waving at him when he walks out the doors of the arrival. he hears moon screaming "daddy!", running towards him with his tiny footsteps. his heart fills with joy when he held moon in his arms again, picking him up and kissing him all over his face. 

"you already grew so much when I was gone." hongjoong said a little upset he didn't get to see him change yet he was more than happy to be with him right now.

"what about me?" someone asked behind him. hongjoong knew immediately who it was, he turns around seeing seonghwa more beautiful than ever. he pulls the other into a hug with their son in the middle. hongjoong missed them a lot, the past months he hasn't been the greatest. tour preparations are stressful and tiring. he found happiness in the daily facetime calls when he wished he could see them physically.

"I missed you guys." he said, looking at them with much love in his eyes.

"we missed you too and moon and I have a lot of fun things planned."

"really? what did you plan?" he said surprised.

"it's a surprise, daddy. we have to go home first." with that the three of them got into the car and drove towards home, where the first surprise is waiting.

seonghwa has to admit, he didn't know how to feel about hongjoong meeting rowoon. even tho the last time they saw each other, he reassured him that there was nothing going on between them, it just feels awkward. they also wouldn't have as much privacy as he wished they had but luckily rowoon is always busy with work. 

seonghwa and moon make hongjoong close his eyes before entering the apartment. he actually hates surprises however he likes this one because seonghwa and moon made it. they uncover his eyes and hongjoong is seeing the whole living room decorated, filled up with balloons and a delicious looking cake with a thirty on it. 

it seems impossible but because of the long journey and time shift, hongjoong completely forgot that it's already his birthday. he widens his eyes, amazed of how much effort they put to decorated only for him. 

"omg, I completely forgot that it's my birthday."

the other two start laughing, hugging and congratulating him. they even made him put on a party hat, singing for him while the birthday kid blows his candles. 

"what did you wish for?" moon asked.

"if I say it out loud then it won't come true." although only kids believe that, hongjoong just wanted to make sure. 

they ate the cake seonghwa and moon even baked themselves which made hongjoong even more happy while talking about random things and laughing loudly, happy to be in each others presence again.

"do you want to open your gifts?" seonghwa asked, collecting their plates after eating half of the cake. 

"you shouldn't have gotten me gifts." he said.

"of course we got you gifts. you only turn thirty once, right."  seonghwa walked to their room getting two boxes wrapped in gift paper and places them in front of hongjoong, telling him which one to open first.

he laughs when he opens the box seeing a self painted mug, obviously made by moon. it were three stick figures holding hands, behind them a house and a yellow sun shining upon. 

"is that us?" hongjoong asks moon which he proudly nodded to. he picks him up to place him on his lap.

"it's beautiful. thank you so much, baby." he said planting a kiss on moons cheek. moon giggles, wrapping his short arms around hongjoong's neck to hug him.