sinking deep

staring at his phone, seonghwa looks at the pictures and videos hongjoong sent him from moon's first soccer training. he is so proud of his baby who runs across the field even tho he loses the ball few times, moon still continues playing happily.

he is a bit sad tho, he would've loved to join them but hongjoong requested him not to. before they left he told seonghwa to just lay in bed and not worry about dinner or anything. hongjoong knows seonghwa might not listen to him but he hopes the other just allows himself to take a good rest.

there's a feeling in him that hongjoong just can't describe. they haven't talked a lot today, it was just weird to him since they are very communicative even if they're in stress situations but maybe it was just all inside is head. after all seonghwa's still sick, it probably got to do with that.

"daddy!"

hongjoong snaps out of his thoughts, hearing moon shout. the boy points at the goal where the ball was.

"i scored a goal, did you see?"

he didn't but still nods with a smile on his face.

"you're amazing, baby."

he shouts back with his thumbs up to the younger. moon smiles widely and jumps back into the game. hongjoong drops his arms and sighs in disappointment, not in moon but himself. he missed moon's goal that probably meant a lot to him because he was stuck in his head.

the game end with moon's team winning because of his last goal he shot. today's lesson is already over, they only played a match to get to know the team and next week the actual training really starts.

moon says goodbye to his trainer and runs to his dad. hongjoong is stunned by how much energy the boy has in him. he picks him up as he hugs moon tight.

"i know you'd win that."

moon laughs in response and tries to shove hongjoong's big head away who tickles his neck.

"let's go home, mommy's probably waiting for our champions return."

on the drive home, moon talks non stop of how fun and amazing and great and everything it was. hongjoong only laughs at the boy who shares every step of what he did on the field.

"well then after school tomorrow we'll play the whole weekend, okay?"

hongjoong expected the boy to be happy about it but his sudden loud gasp made him feel uncertain.

"daddy, uncle rowoon was talking to mommy today!"

widening his eyes, hongjoong looks at moon from his mirror.

"what?"

"yes, and you told me I can't talk to him but then mommy also shouldn't talk to him."

moon explains to him dramatically. even he looks worried, moon doesn't want his mommy to be with rowoon since the last time he saw them they were fighting.

"what did you do?"

"nothing. he said hi to me but I just ignored him because you said so and I don't want to get in trouble."

hongjoong starts laughing again because of how dramatic the boy was. moon is literally gripping the seat of the car while he talks.

"okay, you did well."

he laugs again, making moon come down from his craziness. he leans back into his seat and watches the trees passing until they're back at home, seeing seonghwa patiently waiting for them on the couch.