𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡

Zacznij od początku

Charlotte ushered April away from her desk and onto the couch to have lunch.

Which was when April told her Mark had approached her. Hence the reason she was jealous in this moment.

It wasn't because Mark approached her. It was because of what he said. He suggested April and Jackson used each other to relieve the stress of the upcoming boards because of the one time they studied over the week Charlotte was busy with Ana.

Thankfully, April had declined and called him out, but that didn't cancel out Charlotte's jealousy.

She tried to hide the fact that she was jealous of the thought of April in bed anywhere near Jackson, but she didn't do very well. If April noticed, she didn't say anything about it.

"So.." April bit into her burger. "What have you been up to?"

Charlotte knew what she was getting at.

"Sorry—"

"I was with Ana," Charlotte slightly squinted. "Don't be sorry. There's no need. I was the one who left you hanging." Charlotte bit her lip. "I'm especially sorry for leaving you high and dry with no study partner just weeks before the boards."

April looked up to see Charlotte looking at her the exact way she had been earlier today when she was studying her features.

April couldn't recall a time she'd ever thought about the possibility of liking a girl.

Until now.

All her life she had been dreaming of her fairytale wedding—with a man. It would be perfect, and she would loose her virginity on her wedding night. With her perfect man.

But right now, she wouldn't be opposed to having all of it with a woman.. if that woman happened to be Charlotte Brown.

April opened her mouth to say something, only to close it.

"I want to introduce you to Ana," Charlotte scans Aprils eyes.

"I've met Ana," April cocked her head to the side with confusion. "You know that."

"For real, this time. You should cook for us," The brunette gave smile.

"By that you mean bake you cookies, am I right?"

"Both of us love cookies," Charlotte nodded.

❄️

April was in fact baking Charlotte cookies and cooking dinner. She was one multitasker—because she was also keeping up with Ana's million questions that were being thrown at the redhead.

This was the moment Charlotte would admit, completely, that she had fallen for April. Even though she already had been this entire time.

From the first day April became Chief Resident, Charlotte was drawn to her.

Charlotte could hear Ana's voice coming from the kitchen, followed by April's voice.

You could smell the aroma of chocolate chip cookies mixed with pot roast. Possibly two of Charlottes favorite things in the whole wide world—if you didn't count people.

"That must be Lotty," Ana jumped out of her chair to greet Charlotte who had lugged in a bottle of wine, plus stuff to make cookies. But it looked and smelled like April had it covered. "What's all this?"

"Wine—"

"I see," Ana lifted her brows, already popping open the bottle of wine.

"—and stuff for cookies," Charlotte gave her sister an attitude. "But I see April has got it covered."

"Yeah," Ana smiled, her arm flying back as she pulled the corkscrew out of the bottle. "She's pretty awesome."

April laughed as she pulled the gooey and warm cookies out of the oven.

"Now," Charlotte playfully pushed her sister on the shoulder. "Don't go replacing me."

"You either," Ana pushed back.

"There's enough of me for both of you," April placed the pan of cookies on the counter to cool.

Charlotte smiles, her eyes landing on April for the first time since she'd walked in. April was content in checking the pot roast, not even aware of the brunettes eyes watching her.

She was wearing something so casual, yet she looked so beautiful through Charlotte's eyes. She was dressed in leggings and a sweater.

Ana pours three glasses, but Charlotte denied.

"More for us," Ana shrugged, pulling Charlottes glass towards herself. "Hey, why didn't you tell me April was so pretty?"

April's cheeks flush as she turns to check how hot the cookies are.

As Charlotte searches for the correct way to answer that question, April plates two cookies as sets the plate between the sisters.

"Excuse me," April ducked out of the kitchen, and up the steps.

Ana kindly waited until she was out of earshot to repeat her question.

"No comment," Charlotte sighed.

Anastasia stood silent for a second, squinting, but let the topic alone.

"So," Charlotte grabbed a water from the fridge and sat on the stool beside Ana. "Any ideas where you're going to apply for you internship?"

Ana tilted her head, "Here."

"But—"

"I know I said I wouldn't, but.." Ana shrugged. "I like it here. And you clearly need professional help with April."

Charlotte kicked her with her foot, and proceeded to deny any feelings because she wasn't ready to fully admit it was more than a crush.

"It's nothing more than a tiny crush," Charlotte scolded.

"Whatever it is— you need help with it," Ana laughed. "I already know the hospital well—and I'm well acquainted with most of the doctors."

Charlotte smiled proudly.

"I already applied," Ana smirked. "No matter what you would have said, I already applied here."

Charlotte just laughed.

i spent so much time
writing this.

but in my defense, the
episodes leading up to
the boards and the crash
are so bland and literally
nothing happens.

but whatever. ana moves
down here. jo is her love
interest. get excited!