𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

POKER FACE 8x6

"Hey, um, April, I can't cover the E.R. tonight," Lexie pressed her lips together. "I have to do research for Dr. Shepherd."

"No, what? I—" April opened her mouth.

"I— take it up with Shepherd," Lexie walked down by the elevator with April on her side.

"I— come o—" April gave up, Lexie speeding up to get away from April's pleads.

April leaned on the nurses station, looking at the clipboard to find out who could run the E.R tonight.

"Where are my mouse labs?" Bailey walked up to the counter, one hand on her hip and the other on on the counter.

"Oh, uh, s— sorry," April stuttered, totally forgetting about the mouse labs. "I was stuck in the O.R. all day, trying not to fall behind in my surgeries."

"Oh, so you'd rather just fall behind in my opinion of you?" Bailey raised her eyebrows.

"I will take care of it right away," April nodded and hurried off.

"It's hard to be a team when only one player cares, Kepner!" Bailey yelled after her.

❄️

"I gave you his blood work five hours ago," Alex leaned on one side of the window frame, talking to the lab worker.

"Alex, I need you to cover the E.R. tonight," April asked desperately.

"No," Alex responded simply. "Look, before midnight would be nice," He smiled sarcastically.

"I'm still looking," The man responded.

"It's the E.R. People will die if we're not there," April drew her eyebrows together.

"Which will be your fault, not mine."

"Got it. Here you go," The man handed Alex the paper, the doctor snatching it from him.

"Finally," Alex muttered.

"Alex, please, can't you just be a nice person for a second?" April asked, desperately.

Alex walked a few steps and stopped, turning around to look at the chief resident.

"See?" Alex tilted his head. "This is why you don't deserve this job. You're bad at it. You get all stressed out and frantic and nobody wants to listen to you. You have no authority, and your voice.." Alex speaks in a high voice, "It gets all high and nasally like this when you're nervous. It's annoying," Alex changed his voice back. "You're annoying, so, no, I can't be that person for a second. Deal with your own crap!"

April watches as Alex walked away, Charlotte coming up beside him.

"Do I need to punch you again?" April overheard Charlotte say, making April smile a teary-eyed smile at the brunette.

"What's your problem?" Alex said, about to go off on Charlotte as well.

"You can say whatever the hell you want about me, Alex. But April is a different story," Charlotte crossed her arms over her chest, watching out of the corner of her eye as April walked down the other hallway, a smile still plastered on her face. "You're lucky I don't kick your ass right now for making April cry. But if you do it one more goddamn time, I will kick your ass and get every attending on my side to kick you out of the O.R. for a month."

"You can't do that," Alex scoffed.

"Do you wanna find out?" Charlotte put her hands on her hips, making Alex straighten up and change his attitude quickly.