𝐢𝐢. 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧

Once the first ambulance came up Bailey and Cristina walked up to the patient. Meredith walked with them.

Until Bailey says, "Come on. You can't be here. You need to go."

Meredith was left there standing, in the middle of the pit.

Charlotte, Jackson, Lexie and April were tending to another ambulance that had just came in.

❄️

April walked around the E.R., her blue clipboard in hand.

Bailey walked up to her, "I hope you've got me with a decent resident. I'm not babysitting any first-day first years today."

"Yep, I got you with Meredith." She read off the clipboard, only to remember that Meredith just got fired, "Oh, wait. Um, that's not gonna— that's okay. Uh, not a problem. I can fix this." Jackson walked by, "Uh, Jackson, can I get you with Bailey today?"

"I'm already with Sloan. Sorry." He apologized.

"Uh, okay. Uh, Yang." She said just before Cristina walked in, "Yang. Can I get you to—"

"No." Cristina cut her off.

"Okay." She turned back and looked at Bailey, "Um, sorry. Hang on. Let me just, um..just figure this out."

Bailey started to look around to see if she found anyone. She saw Lexie writing on a patients chart, "Hey, Grey. You're with me."

Lexie instantly looked up, "Yes, ma'am."

"Uh, okay. Great. There we go." April says, awkwardly.

"Dr. Kepner, three more coming in." A nurse told her.

Charlotte walked up to her, "Don't worry, I'm gonna help you." Charlotte says, with a smile.

"Okay. Thank you." April says, her lips turning into a smile.

❄️

A few hours later, Alex came in with a few patients and a bunch of paramedics, from the sinkhole.

"Nicky Hoffman, sustained crush injuries and was very unstable in the field. Robbins is holding a trauma room. We called Shepherd from the field. Which one are they in?" Alex questioned April.

She looked at the very messy and confusing board, "Uh..oh, god. I— I don't— I don't know."

"Well find out." Alex raised his voice.

Charlotte came around on the other side of the nurses station, "Hey, Alex! You don't have to be such an asshole. She's doing what she can." She started walking in Alex's direction, "Don't make me punch you again."

April smiled faintly, before she continues talking, "Well, it's supposed to be on the board." She sighs, "People, I need you to make sure you're updating these boards."

Meredith came up to April with a stack of folders. Folders that had patients information on them.

She dropped them on the nurses station, "April, I need you to reassign these cases."

April looks over at Cristina, who's now standing beside her, drinking a water bottle, "Uh, Yang, take over Meredith's cases."

"No."

"Cristina." April scolded her.

"I'm with Altman, and Meredith should keep her cases."

"I am your chief resident. You have to do what I say."

"April, it's fine. I can wait. Just sign them when you have a minute." Meredith said, before her chief resident, and fellow resident, started a fight.

April walks away, stressed out. I mean why wouldn't she be? She was new to the chief resident thing. And no one was listening to her. Then there's Charlotte with her hating her one minute, defending her another. Then flirting with her, and making her blush.