𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐬

April was sitting in Sam's room, checking his heart as he sleeps, when Jason spoke up, "Can I ask you something?" He pauses, "Um, just about his recovery, specifically the, like, bathroom part?" He asked awkwardly.

April looked up at him, and took the stethoscope out of her ears.

The pair walk around the bed, stopping at the front of the hospital bed.

"Will I need to be in there with him?" Jason asks the red head. "Because my mom was there for his other surgeries, and.."

"Right," April nods understandingly.

Charlotte stands at the nurses station—unknown by the pair.

"I'll do it. I'll totally do whatever he needs. I just want to be prepared, you know, cause..he'll be embarrassed and I'll.." Jason sighs, "Well, neither of us is gonna like it."

"Yeah, there, um, there are a couple of possible outcomes. And it all just sort of depends on what Dr. Karev finds during surgery. So I'll just— I'll have him come and— and talk you through them, okay?" She asks sweetly.

How could people treat her so rudely? Charlotte thought. She's so kind.

"Is that guy cool? He seems a little.. douchey," Jason shrugs.

April chuckles and looks down, "He's good, very good." She looks back up at the man. "He can be a little douchey.. but he's a good guy, and a very good surgeon."

Jason looks to his father, "Thanks."

April smiles and nods as Jason goes back to sit beside his father.

April glances up, now noticing Charlotte. April smiles at Charlotte and Charlotte smiles back, closing the chart of her patient and places it back in the rack.

Charlotte waves, walking off to meet Alex in the room he was currently stationed in.

❄️

"I need your pig," Cristina jogs into the room.

"Okay, I think that was the weirdest thing said to me today," Charlotte points to Cristina.

"I have to remember how to do an open appendectomy," Cristina defends herself.

"No," Alex shuts down her request. "Does a pig even have an appendix?"

Cristina appears on the other side of Alex, "Um, let's find out."

"Who wants an aneurysm?" Meredith asks appearing in the doorway.

"I'm about to have one. I have to do an appy," Cristina complains.

"On a pig?" Meredith asks, furrowing her brows. "Does a pig even have one?"

"On a person," Cristina corrects her. "I haven't even thought about one in.. three years?"

"Oh, well, come on. Who wants to trade? I'll do anything," Meredith pleads.

"Anything?" Charlotte asks, chuckling.

"Unh-unh. Clipping those things is like defusing a bomb. One wrong move, and it explodes," Alex says, the same time as Charlotte.

"Well, I'm worried about Derek exploding," Meredith looks at the three.

"Can I have your pig?" Jackson asks, pointing to the pig laying on the table.

"No!" Charlotte says so Alex doesn't loose focus.

"How about just the head, huh?" Jackson smiles at the brunette.