𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐲

"Altman, Sloan, you're on first," Owen threw the jerseys at Teddy and Mark.

Everyone had met in the main conference room to go over their plan for the game tomorrow—which they for sure were going to lose.

Bailey entered the room, late to the meeting.

"Oh, Bailey, you're center field," Owen read off the lineup April made earlier this morning.

"We're doing some shuffling," Henry nodded at Bailey, looking through the box.

"What are you doing here?" Bailey asked, hands on her hips.

"I work here," Henry looked down at Bailey.

"Uh, I may not even make the game," Bailey picked up a jersey from the box. "I got forty-nine trial patients left to call. I gotta give them the same bad news I gave you."

"Ouch. That's rough," Henry raised his chin. "We need a sub for center field," Henry turned to Owen.

"Yeah. Uh, Shepherd, pitcher," Owen read.

"Shepherds out," Mark clenched his jaw. "He told me his brain surgery could be a marathon."

"Oh! Me," Teddy volunteered, raising her hand excitedly. "Let me pitch."

Owen and Henry nodded, sharing a look—this was their last resort.

"Alright, Altman, pitcher," Owen sighed.

"Yes!" Teddy cheered.

"Sloan, first," Henry read off the paper.

"Shepherd can be a pinch hitter."

"Okay, Torres, you're on," Owen turned towards Callie.

"I need you to sign this," She put the clipboard over the line up chart.

"Bone plates and titanium mesh? That's a lot of hardware," Owen said as Charlotte drowned the conversation out.

"Can we just get on with this?" Charlotte rested her head on her arms on the table.

"It's okay," April gave Charlotte a sweet smile.

"That's a stretch," Charlotte scoffed.

"Okay what is your problem?" April's attitude changing fast.

"I thought you said this guys hand wasn't salvageable," Owen lifted his eyebrows.

Charlotte sighed, "Nothing. I'm fine."

"Yeah, well, I'm gonna try and rebuild it," Callie beamed. "It's gonna be really cool. Charlotte, April, meet me in the O.R."

"Is your attitude fixed now?" April smiled excitedly.

"Definitely," Charlotte lied.

She was definitely a bit happier, but not fully. She didn't know when she would be unless she fixed this jealousy thing.

Why was she jealous?

Who knew.

April wasn't hers—and she wouldn't be. Not as long as she was the hospital whore.

"I need a small," Lexie looks at Henry.

"Oh, they're all larges," Henry looked into the box along with Lexie.

"What?" April's mood changed again. "No. We can't be out of smalls already. I told them we needed an assortment of sizes. I.. I was very clear on the phone."

"Were you?" Charlotte rolled her eyes, grabbing a jersey out of the box and leaving the room.

❄️