𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

SHE'S GONE 8x2

All of the residents were sitting on a bed in the pit, waiting for Bailey to return.

Teddy turns around, "Cristina." Teddy looks at her confused as Cristina turns around, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, Bailey paged nine-one-one,"

"Well, what happened to that chest tube?" Teddy asks.

"An interns doing it 'cause it's intern's work, which I love," Christina saves herself as Teddy glared at her. "I'm— Im loving the back-to-basics thing. It's so valuable, but, uh, nine-one-one, so.."

"Hey," Henry appears behind Teddy.

"Oh, and you have to go. So no worries. We'll talk later," Christina pats Teddy's arm.

"Um.."

Bailey came back, and got the residents, leading them to the trauma room.

"She was pinned under her car, her leg was amputated in a pit of dirt, her abdomen is pulp, and her pelvis is probably crushed. You will work together," Bailey points at them as they struggle to put their trauma gowns on. "To assess her injuries and repair them."

"Oh, in the O.R.?" April asks, hopeful.

"No, at the jiffy lube," Bailey says sarcastically, "Yes, in the O.R. Now, Dr. Torres will supervise your work. If you're killing her, she will step in. Otherwise, you're on your own. Don't screw this up like you screw everything else up you've touched lately." Bailey turns away from the residents, "Ladies and gentlemen, step away from the patient."

The doctors inside the trauma room step away from the patient, making room for the residents, who are running into the room with excitement. Charlotte, especially. This could be her moment. She really wants to be in orthopedic surgery.

Jackson holds up one of the scans, "It's an open book pelvic fracture."

"And a comminuted femur fracture," April adds, looking away from the other scan. "Has anyone fully examined the stump?"

"On it," Charlotte says, checking out the stump—where the leg was amputated.

"Pneumopericardium and an enlarged cardiac shadow," Cristina mutters, she walks over to the container on the side of her bed, "She needs a chest tube and a C.T."

"Free fluid, she needs the O.R.," Alex tells Cristina.

"An embolization and angio would help stabilize the pelvic bleeding," April announces, pulling on her gloves.

"An angio's just gonna waste time," Alex told April.

"We could pack her in the O.R.," Jackson fought back.

"Call the O.R., tell them to prep for an emergent laparotomy," Alex tells the nurse.

"Hello? A C.T.," Charlotte told Alex.

They kept fighting as Callie, Owen and Bailey talk. The attending's watch as they try to come to an agreement.

"Okay, look, I think what we need to do is— we just need to take a moment—"

Jackson cuts her off, "April, you're chief resident, not chief of surgery."

"Did somebody call the O.R.?" Alex asks loudly.

"No, because she needs a C.T. to assess her cardiac injuries," Cristina told him.

"What did I say about—" Alex starts.

"No one gives a crap about what you have to say," Charlotte tells him as the monitor starts beeping.

"Still want to take her to radiology?" Alex looks between Charlotte and Cristina. "Maybe wait in line for a little while till the machines free?"