𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞

HOPE FOR THE HOPELESS
8x12

Jackson sits down at the kitchen table as Meredith struggles to write words in purple frosting onto Zola's birthday cake.

The man raises his eyebrows as he sits his coffee cup on the table.

"Oh, damn it," Meredith huffed. "I screwed it up."

"You've been screwing it up," Charlotte shrugged as she sipped on her own coffee, bumping her fist against Jackson's after he raises it.

"'Gag Zola,' Really?" Jackson let out an amused laugh.

"Those aren't G's. Those are Y's for 'Yay.' 'Yay Zola.' ," Meredith uses a butter knife to fix the Y's.

"No, now see, a normal person would've just written 'Happy Birthday.'," Charlotte smiled sarcastically.

"Well, I couldn't fit all those letters on the cake," The woman wiped the knife off.

"Okay, who used up the last of my deodorant?" April came flying into the kitchen, holding the empty deodorant. Charlotte held back a smile at the bright pink robe that was wrapped around April's body.

"Oh, that might have been me," A woman from the kitchen smiles awkwardly, her head leaving the fridge. "Sorry. Kinda had a workout last night."

April's mouth opens slightly in shock, her eyes immediately going to Charlotte.

"Not mine," Charlotte laughed, sipping on her coffee, the redheads eyes landing on Jackson's who responded the same way.

Meredith chuckles, still messing with the purple frosted words.

"Coffee," Alex sighs, everyone's eyes follow him as he struts into the kitchen.

"Fresh out, Chief," Jackson sips his coffee, lifting the mug in a mocking way when Alex looks over at Jackson and Charlotte—the two simply enjoying the last of the substance.

"That's impossible," April furrowed her brows. "I just bought some three days ago."

"You're out of OJ too," The girl said as she finally closed the fridge doors.

"Hey, you're still here?" Alex stood in front of the coffee machine.

"Oh, yeah," The girl walked towards Alex, everyone at the table—except for Meredith—awkwardly watching. "I was on my way out, and then I saw these cheeks. So cute."

Zola babbles as the woman walks towards her.

"Oh!" Meredith turned around quickly, grabbing Zola from the high chair. "We don't touch the baby because we don't know where those hands have been."

"Alex does," April laughs.

Charlotte hides her laugh behind her cup of coffee, which was almost all gone.

"Okay, so, um, I have a meeting with Owen, so I'm off," Meredith grabs her bag, Zola resting in her arms. "Party is at eight. Don't be late."

"I got twenty minutes before work. You wanna, you know?" Alex whispered in the girls ear.

"Yeah."

"Good. Come on," Alex leads her out of the kitchen and up the steps.

"Round two," Jackson yells after them, Charlotte walking towards the sink.

"Oh, we need to move," April shook her head in disgust.

"Do we?" Jackson smirks and picks the newspaper up.

"Yes, actually," April blinked at Jackson's smirk.

"I've only been saying this for.. I don't know, months now," Charlotte threw her hands up after sitting her empty coffee cup in the sink.