𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Magsimula sa umpisa

I knew damn well that Stefan was the chatterbox between us and as annoying as it could be, it could also be very cute. If there was one thing I had come to understand about him, it was the fact that he might not notice it whenever other people stared at him but with me? I wouldn't even get to check him out for a few seconds before he catches me staring at him. The thought of it made my lips twitch in a light smile.

His observance was cute and I could feel myself turning crimson at the thought of it. But then, the smile was soon dissolving as quickly as it came because it was different today. I practically had my eyes boring holes into his body and he didn't notice a thing. That bubbly, positive energy, that vivaciousness, that warmth that radiated off him without having to try too hard was barely in sight.

That aura was so…dim.

And God, I was so worried about him. He was just sitting there and I didn't even know what was going on in his mind, or even in his head. Not like it was possible. I wasn't a mind reader but still, it set me on some kind of edge I didn't like. He has barely said more than five words and the little to nothing he said was practically when he was putting me through the topic he set questions on me for.

Maybe you should ask him what's wrong...

I exhaled, closing my book.

"Stefan?" I called, my eyes fixed on his frame. I repeated the action, arching my brow when he didn't respond. I frowned, getting up from the stool I was seated on. It sounded with a slight scrape but it didn't do the trick, until I walked up to him where he sat on the desk, snapping my fingers in his face, sporting a frown on mine.

He blinked, groaning softly and looked up to face me. He couldn't hide the fact that he was caught off guard by my presence. He probably didn't notice when I stood up and came to his front. I didn't miss the dullness of his eyes and the subtle lifelessness they held. Somehow, it made my chest constrict in pain because I was so used to seeing them at their brightest and seeing them this dull was enough to leave sadness washing over me.

"Reina, what's wrong? Is it the questions? You don't understand?" I couldn't resist the urge to chuckle mirthlessly at the bunch of questions he threw at me when in truth, I was the one that should be asking him what was wrong.

"Can you stop? Geez!" My voice rose a notch and I hissed through my teeth.

"I have been calling you. You didn't hear me, Stefan. You just sat there, staring into space. You didn't even notice me get up from my chair!" I said sharply, jabbing him in the chest with my index finger, a frown etched on my face.

He was so quiet, his eyes examining my tense features.

"You are acting so weird. I mean, I know you are weird but not this shade of weird. What's wrong with you? Do you want us to go back to class? Or you…am I boring you? We don't even have to do this…I mean…God!" The confidence that oozed off my voice was slowly breaking and I was beginning to ramble, stuttering like an idiot. 

I might have expected anything else but nothing could prepare me for the impact of his warm hand finding their way to the small of my back and then, with his eyes fixed on my face, he pulled me to himself and I was now standing between his legs. I swallowed, audibly. Heck, I could hear the sound in my ears. 

His eyes scanned my face, not in the least looking like he wanted to break off the eye contact. Then, they lit up slowly, a smile creeping onto his face. He had this amusing look in his eyes in no time, gazing at me with utter intrigue like he was fascinated by the way I rambled to him.

There was nothing worth smiling about! It was embarrassing!

"Heyy," He spoke up, his voice was warm and appealing, contrary to the lifeless look his grey eyes beheld a few seconds ago. And just that one word was enough to have my worry dissolving, keeping it on a much lighter note. I was still worried but it felt like the bundle of nerves that hung upon me was taken away and replaced with something warmer.