bonus chapter

this ones for you, riley <3
happy belated birthday !!

ㅤ( ♪ )ㅤ

It was the 12th of April and Alex's bedroom was filled with balloons, glitter and party decorations.

Allen nudged the door open with the tip of his converse, balancing a two-story birthday cake.

"Okay, Winnie, please set up the camera," Tina instructed while typing into her phone.

"I hope she didn't forget the call," Halley said and dropped onto the floor behind Winnie.

"Well, she's a fan and it's her birthday so I doubt she'd forget it."

ㅤ( ♪ )

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Netherlands, a girl was patiently sitting in front of her laptop, waiting for the call to come in. She stared at the photocards scattered on her desk and asked them silently for luck.

When a loud ringing disrupted her thoughts and prayers, she sat up a bit starighter and accepted the incoming call. A few seconds later, 7 friendly faces appeared on her screen.

"Oh my god," she whispered, still in disbelief.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Riley!"

There was an awkward pause but then the band laughed and said in a chorus: "Happy Birthday, Riley! We hope you have a wonderful day and are eating lots of cake and drink champagne and drive around with your bike and see lots of cute cats and meet Bang Chan and— "

Alex kept talking while the others looked at him in faux disgust.

"Okay, I think that's enough now," Kei scolded gently and was immediately attacked with a pillow.

"Shut up!"

"You guys," Tina whispered sternly and looked at Riley with a giant smile.

"How are you feeling?" She directed the question at Riley, who watched the boys fight with a grin.

"Oh, i'm great thank you. This is like the best birthday gift ever!"

"Awe, I'm glad we could make this day soecial for you," Winnie said.

"So, do you have any plans for today?"

Riley thought for a moment.

"Well, actually, I'm celebrating with my family and some friends, keeping it in the small circle though."

The band nodded, approvingly.

"Small birthday parties are so relaxed and fun," Alex said and tried to give Riley a high five through the screen. She awkwardly copied his motion.

"Cringe," Kei whispered and Allen chuckled 

"Not you, Riley, him," he clarified and pointed at Alex.

"You all are bullies "

"I think it's kinda funny," Riley spoke up, "shows that they love you."

"She gets it, guys."

A wave of laughter rolled through the room and Riley sniled fo dly at her laptop.

"So do you have any plans? Maybe a tour or something..." she said and raised her brows in a curious manner.

"Nah, we're retiring."

"So soon already? You're not even Millionaires."

"True, we should do a tour— oh wait. We are going on tour," Halley said and grinned at Riley.

The birthday girl gasped and her eyes widened.

"Wait, what? When? And will you come to the Netherlands?"

Kei smiled softly and held up a purple envelope.

"As your birthday gift we're giving you a signed copy of our album and two tickets for the Amsterdam show."

The girl sat with her mouth open.

"You guys are incredible," she whispered. "Thank you so much, I don't even know what to say right now, I am so so grateful and happy!"

"Aw, it's all good! We love to see our fans and friends happy!" Valina gave her a thumbs up and blew a kiss at the camera.

"Riley, Riley, Riley, you listen to Stray Kids, right?" Alex asked and the girl nodded.

"Who's your bias?"

"Definitely Chan."

"Oh, same!" Allen shouted and pushed Alex aside so he could get closer to the screen.

"He's just so amazing!" Riley began to ramble and Allen nodded enthusiastically.

"Me personally, I can't get over Hyunjin," Valina butted in, which earned her an agreeing huff from Riley.

"Absolutely. His dance videos are so good," Riley said, grabbing a ojotocard of him she had lying around on her desk.

"And his hair looks so good all. The. Time." She pointed at the blonde mop of hair atop the idol's head.

"100% agree. What's your favourite song?" Kei asked.

"I can't even decide... probably Lonely St."

"I love that one too!" Alex jumped up, wide grin on his face.

"It's so good!"

"Yes, it is a masterpiece."

All 8 of them started talking about parts of the song they liked the most and other tracks of SKZ that they liked until a faint timer rang.

"Riley, you're such a cool person and I'm so so sorry but we have to go to rehearsal," Tina spoke up and pouted. "We'd actually love to chat with you for longer, maybe some other day?"

The others dropped their smiles and looked at the screen with sad eyes.

"Just text us if you need someone to freak out about Chan with," Allen offered with a wink.

"I will," Riley replied. She was a bit sad that the call had to end already but was forever grateful to have gotten this chance.

"I love you guys so much and I really can't wait to see you in Amsterdam! And thank you for today, I had a great time," she said and waved at the camera.

"We had a great time chatting with you as well and you need to send us a picture when the gift arrives," Winnie reminded her and blew a kiss. "Bye Riley, have a wonderful day!"

"Bye Riley!"

"Oh, one more thing," Alex got so close to the camera to the point where the others couldn't be seen anymore.

Someone whispered a soft "oh no" as Alex opened his mouth and grinned widely.

"Een plakje kaas, please," he said proudly and Riley snorted.

"Oh my god, this is gold!" she squealed and Alex grinned, satisfied with hinself.

"Maybe I should stick to this language learning thing," he mumbled to himself before waving the girl goodbye one last time.

Then the screen went black and Riley was all alone in her room again. But that call had made her whoke day 100 times better. Happily she skipped towards the living room to celebrate the rest of her birthday.

ㅤ( ♪ )ㅤ

atlas speaks!

hello have no idea what this is but i had this cute idea when thinking of rileys bday so i hope you like it

ily bestiee <33