eleven.

chapter eleven — music bootcamp

After days and days of rehearsing, recording, and planning, it was finally time for the bootcamp

After days and days of rehearsing, recording, and planning, it was finally time for the bootcamp. And shortly after that, the concert.

Time had flown by rather quickly and if Halley was being honest, she hadn't expected to achieve as much as they did. All the songs for the album had been recorded, and two music videos were currently being edited.

Regarding the stage, the band had planned to organise some more things during the bootcamp, and the costumes were to arrive on the day they returned home.

While packing her toothbrush and makeup bag into the suitcase, Halley sang along to Fair Play.

"Did I miss something?" she mumbled to herself, looking around.

Her gaze landed on a vase full of dried flowers and she smiled. She always kept the flower bouquets Kei bought her. They reminded her of special moments with him.

The girl walked towards the vase and carefully took a pink orchid out of the bunch. Brushing against the petals gently, she put it on top of her desk.

With a satisfied nod, she closed her suitcase and exited the room.

"Now it looks nice and clean and when I return home, I'll see the orchid first," she told her dad, who stood at the entrance with a confused face.

"It's from when he confessed, right?"

"Yeah." Halley smiled and rolled her eyes when her dad started batting his lashes.

"Oh my, for me?" he asked in a high-pitched voice, imitating his daughter. The man then turned around and pretended to hold a flower in his hands.

"Yes, because I love you. My star girl," he continued to say in a slightly deeper voice.

"Kei doesn't talk like that, daddy!" Halley chuckled and went downstairs.

Her father followed, laughing.

"Yeah, but he always calls you star girl."

"So? What about it?" Halley raised a brow and Romeo shrugged.

"I'm just wondering why your dad doesn't call me star girl," he deadpanned and stared right into Halley's soul.

With a heavy sigh, Halley closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I'll be going now." She put on her shoes and opened the door.

"Okay, have fun, Hals," Romeo said and hugged his daughter.

"Say hi to aunt Sienna for me, 'kay?"

"I will. Stay safe and call me and dad, 'kay?"

"I will. Love you, daddy."

"Love you too, Hals."

Freeing herself from her dad's tight embrace, Halley stepped out of the house.