04

A dark haired Asian man slowly circles a well dressed man, with blond hair, his face severely beaten. The blond was tied to a metal chair in a room with no windows and with a cemented floor. The black haired man held a knife in his hand as he circled around him. His face was dull and unfazed but the blond had fear in his eyes and tears streaming from his swollen eyes.

"We made a deal, James. You pay me for keeping you safe, and you promised you could pay me within two years. It's been two years and then some. I was nice James, I gave you a chance but where's my money?" The black haired man asked coldy, now holding the knife to James' neck.

The dark haired man had a remarkably deep voice that seemed to vibrate the floor when he spoke. It'd send chills down almost anyone's spine, so long as they had a soul.

"I-I don't have it with me!" James said scared.

"Well that was obvious." The black haired man said, pulling away and scoffing.

"P-please I-I'll get you your money, I promise!" James screamed as he trembled.

"That's what you told me when we made the deal James. You're a rich man, James. Enveloped with power. Power you don't deserve " The black haired man said with a glare as he played with the knife.

"You know, I really should just kill you right now." The black haired man said, beginning to swing the knife at him.

But before he got close someone cleared their throat.
The black haired man was mer inches away from James, but he quickly spun around annoyed at whoever was interrupting his meeting. He spun around to see a calm faced Jeong.

"What do you need Jeong?" The black haired man said with an irritated growl.

"Boss there's something more important than this at the moment." Jeong said seriously.

Dae-hyun's eyes widened then went cold with a scowl. Jeong opened the door for him, telling him it was more a private conversation. Dae-hyun threw the knife onto a table next to the door and swiftly walked out and into the hall. The cold scowl still plastered on his face as he spoke to his second in command.

"Is she alright? She isn't hurt right? So help me if I see a scratch Jeong I'll-" Dae-hyun began seemingly getting angrier about nothing.

"Dae-hyun, calm down. She's perfectly fine, but she did wake up and cause a bit of trouble." Jeong sighed, combing his fingers through his hair.

"Although I'm glad to know she's alright, what do you mean trouble?" Dae-hyun asked, folding his arms as he stared at Jeong.

Jeong sighed again but spoke. "When she first woke up, it was a pain. She screamed, so me and Ji-hun ran into the room to make sure she was alright, she was fine mind you, but stood in front of us once we came through the door only to bolt to the bathroom and lock it. We ended up breaking down the door, oh yeah the door needs to be fixed by the way." Jeong said with a laugh and eyeroll.

Dae-hyun scoffed and rolled his eyes but gave a small chuckle after. Jeong continued to tell him about the whole situation that happened on the balcony and in the bathroom.

"She was crying and was right up against the wall with her hand over her mouth. The moment she saw me she took off, so I ran after her." Jeong said, annoyed. But he couldn't help but feel bad for the girl.

"When I caught her I picked her up, she'd taken down the two guys you sent to get her and even stabbed Ji-hun, I didn't want to take any chances, but she's good. Like really good. She took me down in 2 seconds flat then took down Ji-hun. She ran back to the window, I barely caught her before she could close it. Then after that we got down from the bathtub and talked sorta, she left the room and me and Ji-hun ran after her into the bedroom. We thought she was going for the door, but turns out we were wrong, she was over by the bed." Jeong continued to tell his boss, leaving out that he'd grabbed her before she fell.

Dae-hyun nodded for him to continue.

"She pulled up the blanket and sat under it. Me and Ji-hun were confused so we went over, once more we talked, she asked a few questions that we couldn't exactly tell her then we left to come tell you." Jeong said with a sigh.

"So she's awake and unharmed, good to hear." Dae-hyun said with a wholesome sigh.

"Yes and breakfast is soon, you might want to go change. There's a bit of blood on you. It might scare her." Jeong told Dae-hyun.

Dae-hyun sighed and nodded.

"You're probably right. Make sure no one enters that room. I need to deal with him." Dae-hyun said with an eyeroll.

"You're the boss." Jeong said with a laugh as he walked away.

"Where are you going?" Dae-hyun asked, confused.

"Well I told your 'Beloved' that I'd go get her for breakfast. So I'm going to her, but on the way, I'll have someone come down here and guard the door." Jeong said with a shrug.

Dae-hyun nodded and walked away in the opposite direction.

"Let's hope this breakfast goes well." Jeong says with a sigh.

Sorry for the short chapter 😅