01

I could feel them coming from every direction. It made me anxious, making my stomach turn as I glanced around in worry looking back at every reflective surface. 'Where was it coming from?' I thought I saw something in the pole for the crosswalk sign but couldn't be sure. Instead of turning around, I rummage through my bag. Quickening my pace slowly to not seem so suspicious. Finding my compact mirror in my side bag, made me sigh internally, calming me slightly. I began opening it thinking that I was just imagining things. I face the mirror to myself but far enough away that I could see behind me. I've always been an anxious person so this was normal to me, but when I looked behind me in the mirror as I pretended to fix my hair, I saw 2 men behind me dressed in all black. I didn't think there'd actually be people! 

The man on the left looked at least 6'0", with a broad build. He had on a mask and a beanie. His hands were hidden in the black pockets of his trench coat, so I couldn't tell if he was hiding something. The second man who was to my right seemed to be perhaps 6'1" being only slightly taller than the other man. He had a black mask on, like the other man, but didn't wear any sort of head covering, his hair was black and parted down the center making his hair flip on both sides. He had on an all black suit. Both men were Asian, but I was too far away to know anymore specifics.

I closed the mirror, finished 'fixing' my hair and finally got up to a much quicker pace that they hadn't seemed to notice. I tried to think of what I should do when I drew nearer to the corner. I look and see the street name wondering where I am, I realize my friend lives a few buildings down. I turned right to walk across the street and towards my friend's house. As I did so I could see the two men look at each other in confusion. My house was in the other direction, did they know that and wonder why I was going this way? No, they're probably just talking or something. I thought as I shook my head. 'They're probably going to go the other way and I've just been misunderstanding everything' I thought, getting across the road and onto the sidewalk. I was wrong. The two men turn right and followed behind me. I made sure to keep my quick pace, my friend's house was almost in sight. I try to stay physically normal while also trying to get to her house as fast as I can. I walk up to the building and grab the rail helping myself up the steps. 

I hit the buzzer at the door and wait for my friend to buzz me in, and in a matter of seconds she sends down the okay for me to come in. I open the door and quickly walk in, now being away from the men I practically run up to my friends apartment and knock on the door. In a matter of moments my friend, Emma, came and opened the door.

"Thanks, and sorry that was probably random." I said with a sigh as she let me inside.

I began taking off my gloves and placing them into my black and white lapel plaid print coat, then hung it up on her coat rack as well as my black purse 

I had on a black turtleneck shirt, black pants, and black stiletto heeled mid calf boots

"No problem, it was a little unexpected though." She said closing the door and locking it. 

We both began to walk to her living room and continued to talk. 

"So not that I don't love to see you, it's more that I'm just wondering if there's a reason for you coming here?" Emma asked me, confused. 

"Well, I think I was being followed." I said scratching my head.

Emma stared at you surprised.

 "Why do you think that?" Emma asked me, concerned.

"Well I felt like I was being watched so I used my mirror to check behind me, like the paranoid person I am, but to my amazement, I was unfortunately correct about my feeling. There were two men both in all black and both with masks on." I began to tell her.

Emma stared, shocked as I began telling her more of why I thought they were following me.

"One wore a beanie to hide his hair additionally, he wore a trench coat and the other wasn't wearing a hat. I couldn't see him well enough to know what he was wearing but I knew I needed to think quickly, just in case they were following me. So when I saw where I was, I immediately knew I should go to your house and not mine." I told her, putting my hands on my head and rubbing my temples.

Emma noticed this and stood up stepping into the open floor plan kitchen beginning to make something. I continued with what I was saying, knowing she could still hear me.

"And instead of turning left to my house I went right, across the road and out of the corner of my eye I could see the two men look at each other confused and look at me as I walked, they continued to follow me across after that too until I was able to get here where I'd be fine."  I finished with a nervous sigh.

"That's a decent reason. I'd probably have done something similar in that type of situation." Emma said coming over with a tray, it held tea and what looked like lemon bars.

She set it on the table and sat down. She picked up one of the cups and handed it to me. 

"Thanks Emma, and apologies once more." I told her sheepishly.

"It's alright Tosha, if you want please stay the night. If I'm being honest I don't like the thought of you going back out there, it's almost midnight." Emma said, taking a sip of her tea after.

"I shouldn't stay, I have a few things I need to do at home and I wouldn't want to bother you." I told her as I went to stand up.

"Nonsense you're staying here in my guest room." Emma told me, putting her cup down to stare at me seriously.

"Well I'm definitely going to stay for a while, but we'll see if I stay the night." I told Emma with a smile.

Emma sighed but nodded in unwilling agreement. 

_____________________________________________

Outside of Emma's Apartment building the two men that had been following Tosha stood outside leaning against a black car with tinted windows. One of them took out a phone and began dialing a number.

"Boss, she went inside a building it's not her apartment building though, what should we do now?" The man with a beanie asked through the phone.

"You wait Seong-hun. The most you should do is if she doesn't come out by 3, break in and make sure she's alright. Unless she comes back out do not lay a hand on her." A man with a deep voice says from the other side of the phone.

"And what should we do if she does come out?" The other man without a hat asked.

"Then you should take her, Him-Chan. But if any harm comes to her, you're dead. However if by the time she comes out, it's day, leave her. There will be too many witnesses." The Boss says with a serious voice.

"Now is that all?" The man asks the two. 

"Yes sir." The two men said.

"Good." The other man says as he hangs up.

"So now we wait." Him-Chan says with a sigh.

"I guess so. " Seong-hun agreed as they both got into the car.