Chapter 1

It's a Monday, the most hated day of the week, especially for one boy in particular.

The bell rings just as Yeonjun pops into the classroom. He smiles at the teacher as she walks in alongside him, then he sneaks into his seat in the back where his cute friend awaits him.

While the morning announcements are held, Yeonjun leans in to get close enough to his friend that he could whisper in his ear.

"Are you busy this weekend?"

Beomgyu turns to face the blonde boy, which wasn't blonde the previous Friday.

"You even died your hair..." He whispered softly, a bit surprised at the impulsive decision.

The blondie just smiled really big and nodded. "Looks great, huh? My hair keeps falling out, though." He whispers.

Before they can proceed with the conversation, the teacher starts class by clearing her throat loud enough for everybody to hear.

All the students sit up in their seats, even Yeonjun.

---

As soon as the bell rang for the 10 minute rest break, Yeonjun let out a large sigh, throwing his hands up to stretch his arms out dramatically.

"Are you going to cram school every day this week?" He finally asks, waiting for a response as his friend finishes writing in his book with a focused expression.

He's been ignored by priorities.

"Take off Saturday, come over to my place, us and the rest of the group are gathering there for a small get together, since spring break is coming up."

Finally, the focused boy turns his attention on the excited one.

"You know I don't party," Beomgyu said softly, hoping the conversation wouldn't go farther so he could stay out of it.

"I swear, it's not like that. It's just us and our friend group. Nobody else is coming over," Yeonjun explained quickly.

His eager words came out pretty fast, then Beomgyu simply nodded his head, continuing with, "I'll try... but I don't think my parents will approve. "

The smile only gets bigger on Yeonjuns face, and a small one appears on the other face.

Their conversation was shortened by Beomgyu looking over his notes, typical studying. He doesn't waste time.

---

The two meet in the janitors closet connected to the gym. It's always unlocked and unoccupied during lunch. Beomgyu hates large empty spaces, especially if it's dark. It brings him back to when his father left him in a grocery store when he was 10, after closing, and all the lights shut out. He was locked in for a few hours, or at least that's what it felt like.

Yeonjun doesn't know the situation or the reason, but he doesn't mind being away from everyone and alone with his favorite person.

"The only time you aren't studying," Yeonjun comments, folding his arms as he leans his back against a wall.

"Should I start? Finals are coming up..." Beomgyu says, zoning out when he does so.

Yeonjun snaps him out of it by nudging his arm. "You study enough, you'll do fine,"

"What about you? You never study? Are your parents okay with it?"

"They've given up," Yeonjun chuckled.

He receives a head shake from Beomgyu.

"Why did you call the other day? Did something happen?"

Beomgyu doesn't respond, just locking eyes with Yeonjun for a few minutes.