Chapter 10 - Only One

- Beomgyu's POV -

It's a weekend again. Most would be excited to finally realx, but...I'm not. Mainly because I have to eat dinner with my parents and listen to my dad yelling about politics, and this and that. But also because every waking moment that I'm not studying, I can only think of one thing, and it drives me crazy. Yeonjun.

We haven't been talking too much leading up to today after what I said to him, most of it is my part though, as I kept ending the conversations he tried to make before they even started.

I want everything to go back to it was, but I know I can't...I'm trying to come to terms with this, but it's hard.

I kept stressing about my own feelings and thoughts, and now I'm more wary about what I say to people, especially my father. Afraid that I might sound...well...gay.

----

I'm in the shower, and I'm showing late because...I studied all day and tired myself out so I can fall straight into sleep after a nice shower.

When I turn off the shower and get out, pulling a towel around my body, I hear my father arguing. I can't tell if it's with my mother or over the phone.

"Have you heard what they're doing?! They want to legalize same sex marriage! What if my son turns out like that?! He's young. What's he going to think if this shit becomes normalized?!"

I hate that these walls are so thin, I hate hearing him. It's scaring me. I really can't have feelings for Yeonjun...I hope I don't. What if I do? What will my father do? Disown me? Kill me? What about my mother? She doesn't usually comment, but I'm sure she would probably pass out.

I need to confirm my feelings. By that...I need to know if I really like him or not. I need to make sure that I don't like him.

How do I even do that?

Before I could think I heard my parents' bedroom door slam shut, then silence, other than my father's muffled voice probably yelling to himself.

----

<Noones POV>

Beomgyu managed to leave the house to take a study break, receiving a bit of cash from his mother to buy him something. She wanted him out of the house since Father was still... heated.

He went to a convenience store and bought a pack of Kanchos. He loved the taste of them and the childish feel to them since they were designed with pictures of cartoons. It makes him smile. And the chocolate makes it all better.

He sat outside at one of the tables to enjoy his snack, when, Yeonjun popped up, forcing himself in the chair next to him.

He stops chewing since his thoughts the previous night. He didn't really want to see Yeonjun, not like this. It's... surprising.

"Your mother called," He said.

Beom looked up with a face full of surprise and confusion.

"What?"

"Well, she called my mother, my mother told me what she said..."

"What did she say?" Beomgyu asked, trying to get more information, fearing the unknown.

"That you're probably upset because your father is acting crazy, well...she didn't say it like that...but close enough, whats he fussing about?"

The stressed boys face was somewhat relaxed, and his body melted against the back of the cheap chair. I'm glad that his secret wasn't known. Then again, if he could even call it a secret or anything, he himself wasn't even sure about any of it.