Chapter 8 - Questions

"Where are you going?"

Yeonjun asked as Beomgyu started leaving the room.

"The living room"

"Why?"

The two gave each other blank stares until Beomgyu finally gave a 'better' response.

"To sleep on the sofa, it's really late, I need to sleep,"

"Why aren't you sleeping here? Are you still uncomfortable about what happened that night? I thought we-"

"No, that's not why," Beomgyu interrupted, not wanting him to get the wrong idea. "My parents would kill me if they caught me in the same bed with a guy, whether we are just friends or not."

He whispered the last part, afraid his parents would overhear him even though their rooms were across the apartment.

"Then let me sleep on the couch. You're the one who actually needs sleep -"

"Sleep helps speed up the healing process, so, goodnight." Beomgyu snapped, half jokingly, then leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

----

The sleep was terrible, for the both of them, for Yeonjun, because he couldn't sleep on his favorite side before his arm hurt, Beomgyu because he had to sleep in an uncomfortable position on a stiff sofa, and for less than 5 hours.

It was hard for either of them to focus in class, and now Yeonjun and constantly looking over Beomgyu's shoulder to try to understand the work without writing it down.

Beom took every chance he got to take a nap, even staying in the class during lunch to sleep, and so did Yeonjun. They both thought alike.

They faced each other while they slept, unintentionally.

Yeonjun managed to wake up when someone came into the classroom to grab something. Before getting up, he looked at the sleeping boy beside him.

Their faces aligned, and he looked gorgeous under the sunlight as his face is against the bright sun that peared through the window.

Unsure of how he can still sleep with the bright light in his face, he sits up but leans onto the desk in order to use his body as a shield from the sun.

When he still didn't wake, Yeonjun whispers.

"How am I supposed to forget about it when you look like this?"

He let out a soft sigh through his nose before moving his eyes away to the door, seeing someone else walking in.

Soobin.

As soon as Soobin opened his mouth, he was shushed, silently, with the use of one finger.

He nodded along after looking at the assumably sleeping Beomgyu.

The two leave the class together quietly, closing the door behind them.

----

"You two reconciled?" Soobin asked as they approached the cafeteria.

Yeonjun stopped.

"What?"was his response.

Soobin stopped in front of him, and they locked eyes for a moment before Soobin looked around out of randomness before making eye contact again.

He shrugged his shoulders, going on, "Well, you two were being pretty distant until...your arm, so...I assumed you two are okay now."

"Did we really seem distant?" Yeonjun asks, unaware of the severity of Beomgyus weird acts.

He gets a soft laugh in response. "What do you mean? Everyone could tell, we were worried you two had a bad fight. "

"We're fine." Yeonjun chuckles, trying to continue lightening up the atmosphere. "You know we'd never end our friendship, we are like, tied together." He put his hands together, intertwining his own fingers together to symbolize the closeness between him and Beom.

They both chuckled a little bit, Yeonjuns more of a mask than genuine.

----

Beomgyu woke up to the dream, of them kissing again.

"Now it's even happening in school" is all he could think.

He felt wrong, so wrong, as if he had committed a terrible crime. Luckily, Yeonjun wasn't their to bombard him with possible questions that would expose his thoughts.

He went to the restroom and splashed water on his face a few times, then drying it with a few paper towels.

He leaned against the sink, holding firmly onto the edge to support his body.

He stared at his softly disheveled reflection until somebody else entered the restroom.

He feared it was his friend, but it ended up being a random guy.

He bowed his head softly as the guy seemed to be a senior to him.

The guy nodded back before heading to the urinal.

That's when Beomgyu exited the bathroom, not wanting things to be uncomfortable. He's uncomfortable enough, doesn't need to make more things complicated, and weird.

He stopped, seeing two people blocking his way.

Soobin and Yeonjun.

As Beomgyu worried about his dream, Yeonjun worried that he might have overheard what he said when he was asleep.

Both of them filled with worried Soobin broke the awkward silence.

"I need to pee, don't wait for me,"

Escaping the assumed couples quarrel, leaving the actual ones to figure it all out for themselves.

"I thought you were asleep," Yeonjun said, hoping he'd figure out if he heard what he said or not by the way he reacted.

"I was, but I had to use the restroom. Where did you go? Was I asleep for a long time?"

Yeonjun shrugged in response. "I didn't wake you up?" He added after a moment of silence.

"No, why? Did you do something weird?"

Beomgyu bit the inside of his bottom lip softly, but just enough for it to be noticed by the opposite person.

Yeonjun chuckled softly before grabbing Beoms wrist and pulling him through the hall.

"Why would I do something weird? What counts as weird for you?"

----

They enter the janitors closet, their usual spot.

They both kind of looked around a bit since it feels slightly unfamiliar. A few things have been moved.

"I thought they didn't use this closet anymore...." Beomgyu said softly. "What if someone comes in?"

"What if they do? We aren't doing anything bad. We're just hanging out. "

Yeonjun looked at him closely, trying to read his mind, though it wasn't working.

Then, a question surprised him, took him off guard.

"How do you know if you like someone?"

Beomgyus innocent, soft, cute face made Yeonjun happy for a split second, but then, he realized he might like someone else.

----

A longer chapter today! Enjoy ♡