Thirty

Justin

"Babe, are you ready?" I called out to Aliyah as I walked up the stairs. I had just got back from dropping the kids off at school while Aliyah stayed back to get ready for her appointment.

"Yeah, I'm coming." She said just as I made it to my room. I licked my lips as I looked her over. She had on a pair of light denim bootcut jeans, a white tank top and her beige Kate Spade slides. "You nervous?" She asked me as she put her jewelry on. I nodded as I sat on the bed.

"Lowkey." I laughed. She laughed as she put her phone in her purse before walking over to me.

"I am too. I think everything will be okay though." She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. "But I'm ready if you are." She said. I nodded as she stepped back and grabbed her purse before we walked out of the room. We went downstairs and walked out the front door. She walked over to my truck and I laughed.

"You don't want to drive me today?" I asked her as I opened the passenger door for her to get inside. She laughed as she shook her head.

"Nope. You said you would make sure that this is a smooth pregnancy for me, and driving with these idiots on the road stresses me out, so you'll be doing majority of the driving while I'm pregnant." She said once I got in on the driver side. I laughed as I started the truck up.

"I'll give you that one." I chuckled. She shook her head and smiled as her phone started ringing.

"Hey mama." She answered the phone. I could hear the person on the other end talking, but I didn't know if it was my mom or hers. She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Mama, you and Mama Lynn need to stop talking so much. Do not listen to anything she says." She laughed. She kissed her teeth before looking at me. "Hold on, I'm going to put you on speaker phone." She said as she put the phone on speaker phone. "Go ahead lady." She joked. Her mom laughed.

"Lady my ass, don't think you're too grown for me to whoop you." She joked. "Anyways, hey son. How are you doing?" She greeted me. I glanced at Aliyah and laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm good mama, how are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good." She said before she cleared her throat. "What's this I hear that you two are pregnant again?" She asked. I laughed as Aliyah kissed her teeth again.

"What makes you think that?" I asked her.

"Your mom called and told me." She answered quickly. "She says that Aliyah is glowing just like the day she was when she told you she was pregnant with Jonathan." She said. I laughed.

"Aliyah isn't pregnant mama." I said.

"How do you guys know that? Have y'all been staying celibate or something?" She asked.

"Goodbye mother." Aliyah said before she hung up the phone. I started dying laughing as she shook her head and covered her face. "Bruh our parents need to stop talking to each other." She said. I laughed as she put her phone back in her purse and leaned her head back on the seat.

"Tired?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Feeling a little nauseous." She said. I nodded.

"Did you have morning sickness with Jonathan?" I asked her.

"Only for a few weeks. Even though we don't know how far along I am, I'm surprised I haven't been throwing my damn guts up yet." She said.

"Let's not jinx it. I'm sure that was the worst part of your pregnancy." I said. She laughed as she nodded. The rest of the ride to her doctors office was a comfortable silence seeing as she had dozed off.