One

10 Years Later, May 2021
Aliyah

"Babe, stop!" I giggled as I ran away from my fiancé, Cameron, who was currently chasing me around our bedroom. He laughed as he quickly caught up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I let out squeals and giggles as he tickled me.

"Nah, you keep playing with me. I'm about to teach you a lesson." He said as he kept tickling me. I laughed as I writhed in his arms to get free.

"Come on babe, I have to get ready for work." I said. He chuckled as he stopped tickling me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I told you that you don't have to work if you don't want to baby, I'll take care of you." He said as he kissed my neck. I smiled as I started walking to my bathroom while he kept his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I know baby, but you know I'm too independent for that. You know I'll never let a man take care of me just for him to throw it back in my face anytime we argue about something petty." I said. He nodded.

"I understand. But my offer still stands." He said. I nodded as he kissed my neck again before letting go of my waist and walked to his side of the sink.

I currently work as a real estate broker and I have my own brokerage firm with 10 real estate agents working under me. I've been doing real estate for six years and I can honestly say I'm glad I chose this career path.

"Mama, I'm ready!" I heard my almost nine year old son yell from my room.

Jonathan Armani Williams, my pride and joy. He was born on June 29, 2012, nine days before my due date. He is the spitting image of Justin when he was a kid and that shit pisses me off, I carried him for nine months only for him to come out looking like the man who didn't believe my child was his. I rolled my eyes at the thought. I've always loved the names Jonathan and Armani, so I put the two together. But what really made me give him Armani as his middle name is in honor of Justin's brother Armani who had committed suicide a month before Jonathan was born. Although I had my own blood brother that I should have been able to look up to and should have been able to go to for male advice, I couldn't. My brother was a hoe back in the days and although he's finally changed his ways, I had always looked at Armani as an older brother so his death really took a toll on me. I ended up going to his funeral and obviously I ran into Justin, but I didn't even give him the time of day. I gave him my condolences and that's all I had to say to him. The day of Armani's funeral is the last day that I saw Justin.

"I'm coming baby boy." I said as I pulled my skirt up and tucked in my blouse. I brushed my hair up into a slick ponytail and did a little bit of my makeup before putting everything up. "Okay, baby. I will see you for dinner tonight." I said to Cameron. He frowned.

"Sorry baby, I don't think I'll be able to make it. I have to go up to Jacksonville to one of our other dealerships and help out over there." He said, causing me to frown. Cameron works in the accounting office at a dealership as the controller. The owner of his company owns 47 dealerships all across the United States so sometimes Cameron will go out and help out at whatever dealership is backed up and in need of help until they hire someone. Sometimes he'll even fly out to dealerships outside of Florida if they need help.

"Damn babe, that's the third time this month that you've canceled last minute and didn't even mention to me that you have to go out of town." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't know until the GM at the Nissan dealership in Jacksonville texted me and asked me if I could come up today. That's what I was trying to tell you this morning after I woke up and checked my phone, but you wanted to tease me by walking around in a bra and a fucking thong knowing you got me in the dog house." He said as he playfully rolled his eyes. I giggled as I shook my head.