Eighteen

Aliyah

"Congratulations on your new home!" I said to my client Janessa as I gave her a hug. We had just finished the signing and after months and months of us searching for her dream home, we finally found one that she fell in love with.

"Thank you so much, Aliyah. You've been absolutely amazing and I can't express how much I appreciate you. From staying up late at night sending me listings to check out to all of the negotiating you did, you've been an absolute blessing. I can't thank you enough." She cried. I laughed as I teared up. Out of all of the clients I've ever had and out of every house I've ever closed on, this one was the most special and dear to my heart. Janessa is a single mom to twin boys and she's been through the ringer. From her baby daddy being in and out of their lives to her losing her jobs and having no family in her corner because they disowned her for getting pregnant in high school, she's been through it. I made it my mission to make sure I did everything I could to help her. I even went as far as helping her find another job and letting her be a receptionist part time at my office whenever she wanted or needed to take on an extra shift to make ends meet.

"You're more than welcome. I'm so proud of you and oh so happy for you mama. You deserve this and I want you to always remember that." I said to her as I held her shoulders. She nodded as she smiled.

"Thank you again. You're going to be the first one to get an invitation to my house warming party." She said. I laughed as she gave me another hug. We finished up and I grabbed my purse and the paperwork before we walked out of the attorneys office. We stood outside and talked before going our separate ways. I got in my car and sat there for a minute. It feels like we've been house hunting for over a year for her. I'm glad she found one that she really loved.

My phone started ringing and I shook my head as I grabbed it. I picked it up and saw that Justin was calling me on FaceTime. "Hey Justin." I smiled as I answered the call.

"Hey beautiful. You busy?" He asked as he looked at me. I shook my head as I smiled.

"No, I just got finished with a signing with a client." I smiled. I was genuinely happy for her, I couldn't stop smiling. "Wassup though?" I asked him as I started my car up.

"I was gonna see if you wanted to go out to lunch." He said. I nodded.

"Sure. I'm actually really hungry right now." I said. "What part of town are you on right now?" I asked him.

"I'm near Westshore right now, but I can meet you wherever you wanna go." He said.

"Let's go to PF Changs. It's actually right outside of Westshore Mall." I said. "I'm right down the street from the stadium so I should be there in about 10 to 15 minutes depending on traffic." I said. He nodded.

"Alright ma. I'll see you in a few." He said.

"See you soon." I smiled before we hung up. I turned the volume up on the stereo before cruising down the street.

"Hey mama, you look beautiful." Justin said to me as I approached the table he was sitting at. I smiled as he stood up and gave me a hug.

"Thank you big head." I smiled before sliding in the booth. He slid in next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "How's your day going?" I asked him.

"It's been good. We're not even half way done with the landscaping at the location we're at today so I might be there late tonight. Do you mind grabbing the girls from my moms house when you get Jonathan?" He asked. I shook my head just as a waitress came and took our order before leaving.

"Of course not. You know I don't mind." I said as I looked at him. He looked at me and smirked.

"You look really good today mama. Who you tryna look good for?" He asked. I laughed.