Twenty Five

Happy reading !!! 🤗✨💖

Aliyah

It's been three days since Cameron shot and killed himself in my house, and out of those three days, I've probably gotten six hours of sleep. Justin had to force me to go to sleep and every time I would get into a deep sleep I'd wake up. So basically I've just been napping for three days.

"Aliyah!" I heard Justin call my name as I heard his feet hitting the stairs. I looked up from my computer just as he came into his room. "Hey beautiful. How are you doing today?" He asked as he came and kissed my lips. I turned my nose up at him.

"I was good before you came in here. You worked outside today?" I asked him as he nodded. "You stink. You smell like outside." I said to him. He laughed as he gave me the finger. "When?" I grinned. He laughed as he walked to the bathroom.

"I'm glad to see you smiling." He called out. I closed my MacBook and got off of the bed. I walked to the bathroom and leaned against the door frame.

"It beats sitting around thinking about what happened and having it replay in my head over and over." I said. He nodded as he turned the shower on.

"What did you do today?" He asked as he started taking his clothes off.

"I sent out some leads, did some online shopping and paid my bills." I said. "I think I'm going to call my parents and finally tell them what happened." I said to him.

"You still haven't told anybody?" He asked. I shook my head as I bit my lip. "I understand. You're not really ready to talk about it and you haven't fully processed it yet." He said. I nodded.

"I'm not. But I would rather get it over with now than for them to find out from the news." I said. Before he could reply I heard my phone ringing. I went back to the room and saw my mom calling me. "Hey mama." I answered.

"Baby girl, are you alright? I just saw on the news that Cameron killed himself." She said. I nodded as I bit my lip. I was literally just about to call her.

"Yes ma'am, he did. He shot and killed hisself in my house while he had me in a chokehold." I said as I sat down on the bed.

"WHAT?" She screamed. "Why didn't you call and tell us Aliyah?" She yelled. I bit my lip as I started tearing up.

"I wasn't ready to talk about it mama. He literally had the gun pointed at my temple before he turned it on himself. That alone was traumatizing within itself." I explained. "I'm okay though. I've been staying with Justin and he's been really helpful with everything." I said.

"I'm glad you're okay baby girl." She sighed. "I wish you would have called us, but I understand why you didn't. You needed time to process everything." She said. I nodded.

"That's exactly why. I don't even know where to go from here but I'm going to take it one day at a time." I said to her.

"We're here if you need us, and you know you're more than welcomed to come and stay with us." She said. I nodded.

"I know mama. Thank you, I love you." I said to her.

"I love you too, sweetie. Talk to you later." She said before we hung up. I tossed my phone on the bed and sighed. I noticed that Justin was still in the bathroom so I walked in and stripped out of my clothes before joining him in the shower. When I stepped in he was just finishing washing his body and was getting ready to rinse off.

"Wassup mama? You good?" He asked me as he looked down at me. I nodded as I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and we just stood there for what felt like forever. Justin has been a really big help lately with making sure I eat as well as making checking on me multiple times throughout the day while he's at work and I'm here at his house. He's also been doing things to keep my mind off of what happened and I'm super grateful for that and him.