Twenty Six

So this chapter is going to actually be a time jump by a few weeks, and then the next chapter is when it'll be by a few months. 🫶🏽

A few weeks later

Aliyah

"Wassup sis?" Deonte greeted me as he opened the door to his apartment. I gave him a hug before stepping inside.

"Not much. What's been going on? You've been avoiding me." I said as we walked to the living room. He laughed.

"Lowkey. I know you talked to D'Asia but I wasn't ready for you to go off on me yet." He said. I rolled my eyes as I laughed.

"I wasn't going to go off on you. I was just going to tell you about yourself." I said to him as we sat down. He nodded.

"Yeah I know. She told me how the conversation between you two went." He said. "And I know she's pregnant, she told me. She's going to get the prenatal DNA test as soon as she's able to." He said.

"You just couldn't resist, huh?" I asked him. He laughed as he rubbed his hand down his face.

"You know I've always been attracted to D'Asia since me and her first started messing around years ago. Obviously once things got serious with Nisha I wasn't checking for her like that. To be honest, I wasn't checking for her like that this time around either. We just happened to run into each other at the bar and one too many drinks led to another thing, and that's how we ended up where we are today. Do I regret it? Not at all. Do I wish it would have happened if I was a legally single man? Of course." He said. I nodded.

"Have you told Nisha that you might have another baby on the way?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"Not yet, but I am going to tell her. I'm doing it in a public setting though because she might try to kill my ass. You remember she pulled that knife on me the day me and the kids left." He said. I nodded as I remembered that day. "I know she's not going to take the news well, but what can we do at this point? She really might try to kill me though just because of who the other person is." He said in all seriousness.

"She might try to kill me too. You know she's always saying that I've been trying to hook you guys up." I said. He nodded.

"I know. But I'll handle it, don't worry about it." He said. I nodded. "So uh, I heard about Cameron. How are you holding up?" He asked. I shivered as I thought about that day.

"I'm okay." I said as I cleared my throat. "Let me rephrase that, I'm okay as can be. I still have flashbacks to that day and I wake up in cold sweats, but I'm getting through it." I admitted. He nodded.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. But you know if I had known I would have been right there." He said.

"I know, thanks D." I said. "So where do you and D'Asia go from here?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Right now we're just taking everything one day at a time. I'm still trying to handle shit with Nisha and she's figuring out her life with ol boy." He said. I nodded, I respect that.

"I get that. I understand. You know I'm here for both of you." I said to him. He nodded as he smiled.

"I know sis, thank you." He smiled. "So how are you and Justin?" He asked with a smirk. I blushed as I rolled my eyes.
I
"We're good. We're not together but we're good." I said.

"When you gonna stop playing with my dawg? You know he is head over heels in love with you and he worships the ground that you walk on." He said and I laughed as I nodded.

"I know, I know. Even though we've been doing what we're doing, honestly, I'm scared to start something serious again. Not just with him per se, but in general. Justin and I both know what it is; if we get back together, then we get back together. If things don't plan out that way, then we'll continue to coparent." I said. "However, I do feel like I'm ready though. I do agree with you, he is head over heels in love with me and worships the ground I walk on. The feelings are definitely mutual, I just didn't want to rush back into anything you know?" I said to him. He nodded.