Fifteen

This chapter is long as hell, 4767 words to be exact lmao! But I hope you guys enjoy it 🫶🏽💖

Aliyah

"Mom, can I talk to you about something?" I heard Jonathan ask me. I looked towards my door and nodded as I waved him in.

"Yeah. Wassup love bug?" I asked him as he came and sat on my bed.

"I had a conversation with dad a few weeks ago and I told him how I felt about Jazzy, Delilah and Kaylee. I like Jazzy and Delilah, I'm glad I have some siblings. But I don't really like Kaylee. She's rude and every time I speak to her when she's at grandmas house with auntie Cheyenne, she never speaks back. She just stares at me. I know you told me not to be rude and to not disrespect my elders but I'm not going to keep wasting my breath speaking to someone who never speaks back. What should I do?" He asked. I tucked my bottom lip into my mouth.

"Baby boy, don't even worry about her. If you see her over there again don't even bother speaking. She's an adult that's handling an adult situation in the most childish way. It's not your fault for her stupidity, that's on her. If she speaks to you then you're more than welcome to speak back, other than that don't open your mouth to say anything to her first." I said to him. He nodded as he looked at me. "Although she might not be over there ever again, but in case she is, just remember what I said." I concluded. He nodded.

"Can I talk to you about something else?" He asked as he laid his head on my chest. I nodded.

"Of course. You know my I'm always all ears when it comes to you. What's on your mind?" I asked him.

"Do you love my dad?" He asked and I choked on my spit.

"What?" I asked him when I got myself together.

"I said do you love my dad?" He asked.

"I heard you." I mumbled before I cleared my throat. "Of course I do, we're friends and coparents." I said to him. He nodded as he sat up against the headboard next to me.

"So if you love him and he loves you, why aren't you guys together?" He questioned as he looked up at me. I bit my lip as I looked at him.

"It's not that easy, J. It's complicated." I said. He frowned.

"Dad said the same thing." He said. "It sounds easy to me, though. You both love each other, so it only makes sense that you guys would be together." He said in a duh tone. I laughed.

"Some things happened between your dad and I in the past and that's why we're not together. Despite it all, we both still love each other but not on that level. Your dad and I haven't been together in 10 years, and we're both way different than how we were in the past. Fortunately, we've both grown and matured, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should be together." I explained to him as best as I can. "Do you understand?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I do. Did dad hurt you when you guys were together?" He asked. I contemplated on whether I wanted to answer that or not.

"He did, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person." I said. I don't want Justin's actions towards me back then to affect Jonathan's perception and feelings towards him. "Things happened and we've both moved on." I said. He nodded.

"Okay." He said as he stared at me. "Would you ever get back with my dad?" He asked. I laughed.

"What's with all the questions?" I asked him. He laughed.

"I just want us to be one big happy family under one roof." He said. I frowned slightly. "So, would you get back together with him?" He asked. I sighed.

"Of course I would have loved for us to be one big happy family under one roof, but I don't know if that'll ever happen. I'm not saying it won't happen and I'm not saying it will, I just don't know J. I can't predict the future and we're just taking it one day at a time. We just got back on speaking terms a few months ago and you know I ended things with Cameron, so I'm not looking to rush into another relationship right now. As always, you're my first priority. Nothing else matters to me right now besides making sure you're OK, mentally, emotionally, physically and financially." I said to him. "Basically what I'm trying to say is we'll cross that bridge when we get to it if we ever get to it." I said. He nodded as he smiled.