XV - "Jealousy"

The four of us sat in silence in the carriage, a thousand thoughts went through my head. If he had wanted to win, he still wouldn't have made it, but at least he would have made an effort. He wanted me to bring Y/N back, back to the frozen land, where she belonged.

"Finally you come back to me." I hummed happily I had her back. "It was an accident." the girl trembled

"Oh I know you would never kill someone on purpose my darling." I would reach out to gently stroke her cheek and wipe away the tears that were rolling down there, but she slapped my hand away.

"No, I mean I didn't want to go back to you, after all it was all your fault." That made me mad, very mad. She was lucky that her father and the Tsaritsa were here... I would grab her and press her against the seat and... "But when I saw you there, I felt relieved and somehow happy."

"Stop the carriage." I grumbled as I knocked on the driver's window whereupon the vehicle came to a halt. "Please excuse us for a moment." I bowed to the Tsaritsa and her husband, then grabbed my girlfriend and pulled her out of the carriage.

"You think I'm coming back for you, but you're wrong, you didn't give me a choice." I stood there in silence, clutching her upper arms tightly. "Damn it Ajax you have a problem. Get your shit under control, I want the man I've fallen in love with and not the one who has my friends on their conscience." A tear rolled down her cheeks, I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"How many funerals will I have to go to in the future because you don't have yourself under control?" She knew very well that this conversation was dangerous, that I was dangerous. "Depends how many touch you and how mad you make me."

"Oh my god Ajax. Grow up, he's nothing more than a friend to me."

"And yet he tried to kiss you!" She whimpered as I squeezed her arms even tighter. "I called him and he didn't come! I almost died because of your jealousy!"

My eyes widened as I realized what she was saying. Y/N couldn't die, ever. "What happened? I don't know anything about that." She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Your dear Fatui friends who were recruited in Dragonspine ambushed me during training. I managed to eliminate them, but I could no longer walk." She pulled her dress up to her hips, and there was a stitched, not quite healed wound along her thigh. "Two days until someone found me. Two days I sat up there next to a torch, crouched in a hollow in the snow."

"If I had known about it, I would have..." She almost died because of me, if she had died I would never have been able to forgive myself. "Would have, should have, just shut up. If you'd never kidnapped Xiao then this wouldn't have happened!"

"Y/N please." I tried to calm her down but to no avail. "No, save it for somebody else!"

Anger gripped me again and I pushed her away, she didn't want to hear so she had to feel. "Then stay here if you mean to bitch around here. I saved you from the death penalty and that's how you thank me." Her eyes widened as I walked back to the carriage without her. "Death penalty?"

I got into the carriage without looking back, but I heard the desperation in her voice. "Ajax please, don't leave me!" Her father and Her Majesty glared at me as the carriage drove off without the girl. "Please, Ajax! We're in the middle of the jungle!"

"What? I won't let her talk to me like that." I growled at the two as I looked out the window. Y/N cried and pleaded like a little child as she tried to keep up with the carriage, but her leg seemed to be giving her problems. "How dare you treat my daughter like that?"

"I'll teach her a lesson, but don't worry Lorenzo. I won't leave her alone." We were near Gandharva Village in Sumeru, she will find people to help her. Even though he had some trust in me, the rest of the way he'd continually let out his anger on me.

------

Sorry just a short chapter but guys, we're in sumeru now, yk what that means