X - "Distraction"

I entered the Tavern wearing a light blue, skin tight long dress in snezhnayan style, all eyes were fixed on me. "Wow, such a beauty." With a smile I sat down on a bar stool, raising a brow at the person next to me. "Didn't expect to meet you here tonight, dear Captain." Kaeya offered me a drink which I thankfully accepted. "Why dressed up all like that? Do you have a date?"

"It's not a date, it's more of a 'get-together' I guess." I took a sip of the Death after Noon and grimaced, earning a laugh from the blue haired man. "And I don't go on dates."

The Captain cocked his head, his brows were furrowed. "May I know why?" He really had to be commended for one thing, he was always polite no matter how much alcohol polluted his blood. With a grin, I moved close to his ear and whispered so only he could hear. "The Fatui Harbingers themselves follow me like my own shadow. I can't have a date without getting my him killed."

Who knows, maybe it was the alcohol, anyway he started laughing out loud and nearly fell out of his chair. Had he ever met a Harbinger? Only now, after taking a look at the man behind the bar, did I realize that Diluc wasn't there but Charles. I ordered two death after noon for later and smiled.

Anyway, maybe the redhead came later or was busy. "You and Fatui, that's really the best joke I've heard in a long time." I couldn't believe it, there sat Kaeya and laughed, the poor man wasn't even to be taken seriously anymore, he was already so drunk. Normally he was rather quiet and usually he didn't drink too much. "Although..." his eyes wandered down my body, lasted on my vision for a second and then he glared at me before he laughed again.

"I don't see what's funny about that, but I would ask you to leave the stool so that I can sit there." Bewildered, Kaeya glanced behind him where the Balladeer was standing with his hands on his hips, a derogatory look on his face. "Ah good evening." Kaeya would have ended up dead if I hadn't intervened.

"Wouldn't it be better if we went upstairs?" I got up from my stool and straightened my dress, then stood between the two men. Unfazed, Scaramouche looked at my body from top to bottom until he finally spat out indifferently. "So you have chosen not to deny your heritage."

He offered me his arm and I interlinked. "Thanks for the nice chat Kaeya, see you tomorrow." He waved at me and lulled something that wasn't understandable before his head dropped onto the counter. "Poor soul." The balladeer scoffed as he pulled me towards the stairs, all eyes were fixed on us.

He walked upstairs behind me and then we sat down in the corner. On every table stood a little vase with roses, Diluc really did was I said. A slight smile appeared on my face. "Something wrong?" The man asked and I shook my head. "Am I not allowed to smile?"

"So are you planning something?" He interlinked his fingers and put his head on them with a sly grin. I leaned forward and grinned. "I don't know, are you?" His eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms, then Charles came up to bring the drinks I've ordered earlier.

The young man across from me looked visibly irritated and annoyed, impatiently he tapped his fingers on the table. "Just leave already." He growled, then as soon as he left the man with the indigo coloured hair continued.
"You are here for a certain reason."

"And so are you dear Balladeer." I took a small sip of my drink, my smile fainted and I looked serious. "I'm loosing my patience. You are trying to find Venessa and... You want your fiancé back!"

"Who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me like that?!" I set my glass down and slammed my fists on the table. "I just needed a break and wanted to start overbut yes, I want him back but I still need some more time." He opened his mouth and wanted to say something but I cut him off. "And don't think I don't know the reason you are here for!"

"Woah woah, calm down I was joking..." Huffing I crossed my arms and blew a strand of my hair out of my face. "What am I here for?" He then asked with a confident grin.

"Distraction" I blurted out and the balladeer suddenly didn't look so confident anymore. "You don't want me to come back." I murmured while waving the glass slightly in a circle. He nodded, I wasn't expecting that. "We'll just leave our past behind and run away together."

After staring at him for a moment with wide eyes and a confused expression, he began laughing hysterically. "You didn't really think so... I can't believe it!"

I think kunikuzushi was suffering from bipolar disorder, one moment he was nice and letting you get close but the other moment just when you least expected it he would attack you. "But now let's finally change the subject." I nodded, then we raised our glasses and clinked them.

The hours passed quickly and I was slowly getting tired. I tried to count the glasses on our table but I couldn't, I thought they doubled themselves.

Balladeer looked at me with a mischievous grin, the tip of his nose and cheeks flushed red as he rested his head on his hand. Beside him were two faded people who looked just like him. "How many...?" I giggled and the young man staggered a bit and his fingers slid across the empty glasses. "My fingers say that was 17."

"But my eyes say there are three of you sitting there." His fingers wandered on and finally ended with me. He interlinked his fingers with mine and pulled me slightly towards him, leaning over the table and his face getting closer to mine. I liked his eyes, they were so pretty blue...

A hand grabbed my shoulder, I giggled and threw my head back hoping for a certain someone, but hunched over me I saw a certain angry person. "Hey you're not Ajax..."

"Don't you dare mistake me for a mutt again." He pulled me off the bench and wrapped his arm around my waist, my legs didn't want to stay straight so I buckled. "Hey what are you doing?" I clutched his white shirt and leaned against his chest, he nearly boiled.

"You're too drunk for me to leave you here." He growled but I pushed him away, somehow I couldn't break free of his grip, only a second later he grabbed my chin. "Woah..." I looked at him with big eyes and flushed cheeks, whereupon he immediately let go of me. "I tell you, you're way too drunk."

Kunikuzushi looked angry when he saw me clinging to Diluc, very angry in fact. The redhead was just as furious as he was. The young man got up, swaying very badly and the man in whose arms I was rolling up his sleeves. "I know what you were planning." He hissed at the drunk man before pulling me away from him.

"Hey what's that? I don't want to leave!" I pounded on the tall's chest and huffed in anger. "Keep your mouth shut." He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulders, I kicked around wildly, squeaking, so that all the guests became aware of the spectacle. "Take care of that fatui!" He called out to Kaeya, who seemed to have almost completely recovered from his intoxication.

It was frightening how much alcohol this man could take. Diluc carried me through the kitchen and through an adjoining room, then out through the back door. "What are you thinking drinking so much? You don't know what could have happened!" He put me down and shook me by the shoulders. My legs gave in and I fell to the ground, the young man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'll take you to the hotel." He finally said in a calm voice and helped me up off the floor. I had no idea how we got to the hotel, but all I knew then was that Diluc gently covered me. "Will you stay with me?" I asked with a trembling voice, under the blanket I was only wearing underwear.

"I wasn't planning to, but if you insist..." He unbuttoned his shirt, then undid his pants. "I hope you don't mind." I shook my head and snuggled into the blanket while I watched Diluc undress, only his boxers were on. He laid down next to me under the blanket and I immediately felt it getting warmer.

I crawled closer and snuggled up to him, you could tell he was tense. "My head spins." I murmured softly and he gently stroked my hair, I lifted my head and looked at him. Somehow he looked very attractive in the moonlight that shone through the window. His soft whisper pulled me out of my thoughts as I brought my face closer to his. "That's not a good idea."

I wasn't listening and closed my eyes, my lips locked with his and Diluc's hand wandered from my head further down my back.