XIII - "Savior"

In the early morning before the first sun rays I sneaked through the Headquarters down to the cells. Jean gave me permission so I guessed that this was alright.

I slowly opened the door of Y/N's cell and held a lantern into the dark room. The young girl crouched in a corner and hugged her legs, her face buried in her knees. "It's time to leave." I said as she looked up. Her eyes were swollen and red, she must have been crying all night. I noticed blood on her knuckles, did she hit the wall?

"What's the point in this? She was so innocent, such a lovely mother..." She sobbed but no tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Y/N please get up now and come with me." We didn't have much time before the sun came up, so I had to get her out of here as soon as possible. I would also have to treat her wounds and she would need something decent to wear as well.

Reluctantly, the girl got up and stumbled towards me, I used a key to unlock her handcuffs but not the collar. I thought I saw a sinister grin on her face, but maybe that was just the poor lighting.

"What about the collar?" She whimpered helplessly up to me. "You're still a prisoner. Keep the collar on." I answered her chilly and took her outside to the carriage, wrapped in a coat.

I didn't know if I could trust her, she has already murdered 2 people, nobody knew if it was intentional or accidental. I didn't want to risk my life, but I wanted to do her a favor and take her to her mother's funeral. "You wanted to go to mondstadt to find her?" I asked cautiously and as I glanced back she said no word. That was enough of an answer.

By daybreak we had almost arrived in Liyue, only half a day left until we reached the city. "Make them run faster." Y/N murmured softly, whereupon I urged the horses to a trot. Still wrapped in the cloak, she crouched in the corner of the carriage, offering no resistance and her sharp tongue was gone.

"Diluc listen." Slowly she climbed onto the bench next to me and hugged her legs. "I still haven't thanked you for what you did that evening." I frowned, not sure what she meant but she continued. "The Balladeer wanted to... sigh... Thank you."

"What makes you think that?" Surely the balladeer wanted to do bad things to her, his look gave it away. "Viktor came to tell me, then I confronted him and..." Her eyes widened and her lips quivered. I felt anger boiling up in me and saw how difficult it was for her to talk about it, but I asked her to continue talking.

!TW!
Y/N's POV
After Viktor came to tell me this, I was furious. That happened about a week after that night. So I stormed into Kunikuzushi's hotel room and banged on his door. "Open the door right now, bastard!"

Shortly thereafter, the door was opened for me by a sleepy Harbinger who was groaning, annoyed, just putting on a shirt. "I'm glad you're here, I need help." He leaned against the door frame and grinned at me, there was a lump in his shorts. "You're gross." Angry and disgusted I stormed past him into his room, in hindsight I shouldn't have done that. I noticed a few empty bottles of alcohol on the floor.

"I know what you're planning. I thought we were friends." I stood in front of him with my arms crossed as he slowly approached me. "And further?" He was still grinning, I would have loved to slap him but I took a deep breath.

"You wanted to get me drunk and seduce me so that I would leave Ajax!" I hissed, his face only inches from mine. "Not only that, but yes." I made a face, that he could just tell me that without making an expression.

"Balladeer We already had that topic, I have no sexual interests in you! You're not even my type." I met his penetrating stare and wrinkled my nose, he laughed in amusement.

"Okay tell me why I'm not your type." Oh, I immediately thought of something and put my hands on my hips and sneered. "Firstly, your lack of control over your emotions."
"And the other one?"

"Let's be for real." I looked him up and down, still angry. "You are hardly an inch taller than me."

I saw the corner of his mouth twitch before he pulled out and hit me hard in the face. I staggered and my head was spinning, for his size he could punch pretty hard. The next moment he grabbed me and pushed me roughly onto the bed. "Well if you already know. I heard you're into that sort of things."

"Balladeer stop it! I swear I'll have you killed!"

"What happened then?" Diluc asked as I buried my face in my knees. "Has he done something to you?" I heard anger in his voice and I just shook my head. "No, he succumbed to alcohol poisoning and returned to Snezhnaya." If I was being honest, I thought Kuni and I were actual friends but his jealousy was always in the way.

After a while the redhead mumbled. "We're there."