XIV - "Next"

Childe's POV
From a distance I saw a tall red-haired man, next to him was a smaller person wrapped in a coat, probably my girl. The man tugged at her coat, which she immediately took off. She wore a black dress, Y/N looked like a dark bride. Around her neck was a collar from which dangled a crystal that was supposed to suppress her powers.

Everything went according to plan. I grimaced as I thought about him touching my Y/N, about him kissing her. I wanted to kill him but that wouldn't have taught her too much of a lesson so I did something else, something I had to do.

When she spotted me among the people, her eyes widened and they filled with tears. Before this Diluc could react, she rushed at me and threw her arms around me. Sobbing, she buried her face in my chest and clutched my skin with her fingers, she repeated softly. "I want to go home..."

Satisfaction spread through me, but I wrapped my arms around her protectively and reassured her with a pitying face. "It's all right, I'm here." Her sobs were pitiful, I had almost reached my goal, now all I had to do was get rid of this guy.

It felt so good to finally hold her petite body in my arms again, let her hair slide through my fingers and breathe in her delicate scent. I gently pressed her head against my chest and kissed her gently. "Take me Home." Her wailing became more desperate, but quieter than before, had I gone too far this time?

I glanced at her knuckles, they were wrapped in a bandage. I was angry, possibly at myself for being responsible for this. "Keep your hands off her." Diluc growled when he wanted to grab my girl but I didn't let that happen a second time. He should never touch her again.

I immediately yanked her aside and formed a small blade of water, poking the point into his neck. "You're not going to kill an innocent person at a funeral." Anger spread through me and I drove the point a little deeper, causing some blood to drip from his neck. "I swear by my archon. Ever touch her again and you'll be next."

Calling himself innocent was what pissed me off the most. "The next..?" The redhead murmured softly and I opened my eyes wide. Damned. I was about to stab him in the throat but Y/N tugged at my arm to stop me. "Childe I beg you..."

I stared at the girl, then at the young man. "I've made her suffer enough." I murmured to myself as I looked into her red-shot, swollen eyes. "Two steps backwards." I warned Diluc. "Y/N will stay with me." Like it or not, I grabbed her waist and growled, surprisingly the man did as I ordered.

"For now." The man grumbled, walking beside us with his arms crossed. There were people around us, watching and whispering.

We stood on Yujin Terrace and looked at the coffin standing in the middle, the lid was open. I saw tears well up in her eyes and her legs began to tremble. Diluc didn't let her out of his sight, I had to get rid of him.

She slowly approached the coffin, her small hands clasping my arm. Actually I would have expected that she hated me but I was sure that I had broken her now, that I finally had full control over her again and she wouldn't leave me anymore. Y/N wasn't stupid, so what should I tell her when she finds out that she actually killed an innocent whore who was just carrying out my plan? Or actually the balladeers plan, in the first place it was his idea. I had to grin slightly, the fact that she killed her was a sign of jealousy, I was important to her after all.

I could literally see the rage in her eyes, there was no compassion left. She was like in a trance and when she woke up, the shock was great, the fear she had when she pushed the corpse away from her. Oh how I loved that.

Her fate was now entirely in my hands, should I punish her even longer and have her brought back to Mondstadt? No, I couldn't do that any longer, I wanted my beloved back, far from all the strange men who wanted to steal my bride.

She stood silently in front of her mother's corpse, somehow I felt bad but somehow also satisfied to see her like this. No more sharp tongues giving you contradictions and no more bitching. Quite the opposite, she clung to me.

The Tsaritsa slowly walked towards us, the people around us bowed, so I did the same. Y/N looked up at the elegant woman who opened her arms and to everyone's surprise, clasped the girl in her arms like a mother would comfort her daughter. Still on my knees I watched the spectacle happening right in front of my nose. The cryo archon gently stroked her hair and whispered to her while she glared at me with a look to which I could only say: If looks could kill.

The tsaritsa kissed her forehead and delivered the exhausted girl into her father's arms. Slowly she reached me and I stood up again, she bent to my ear and hissed. "Get rid of that man."

I grinned dirty, that order was all I needed to get her out of here. My eyes swept the square whereupon all the Fatui agents sent the civilian population away, Y/N was taken to a carriage. "What's going on here? Childe!" She called after me and I would then turn around and smile at her. "We're taking you home."

"Not as long as I'm still here!" Diluc charged at me with his claymore, I pulled my mask over my face and got ready. He wouldn't get any further, he wouldn't be able to win this fight anyway.

Within seconds, I dodged and jabbed him with the hilt of my electro polearm. This was going to be easy, he wasn't paying attention. In the next moment, flames shot towards me, which I could dodge immediately and teleported myself into the sky with the help of my delusion, only to throw myself explosively at him like a bolt of lightning.

(Guys istg I hate it when he does that)

He was thrown off and landed on the ground, two meters away from him, his claymore. I lost interest in this fight, two agents grabbed him and dragged him back to his feet.

"You bore me." I grumbled as I lifted his face with my fingers. "You don't play fair." With blood running down his face he spat out disgustingly but I just laughed at him. "I'm a fatui, what did you expect?"

Once more I remembered that he kissed my girl and disgust spread on my face, I wanted to kill him so badly. Full of anger I moved my left leg back und slammed my knee right up into his stomach, my fist collided with his jaw.

He looked at me dizzily and spat out some blood, one look at the agents was enough to signalise them what I wanted. They knocked him out with an aimed hit at his carotid artery and he dropped down unconscious.

I was annoyed, he didn't give all of his strength, he wanted me to win. He wanted Y/N to get back home, I knew his plan all along, otherwise he wouldn't have taken her to the funeral, he knew I would be there. He knew my plan too. He knew he'd never win against me.

Then I made my path through the civil population of Liyue who just watched this cruel combat. Walking to the carriage I saw the fear in the eyes of my future bride.