II - "That's what I meant"

I finally got to Liyue Harbor in a tradesman's carriage. When I finally got there, I visited my mother's house, but to my surprise it was empty. Oh right, she was probably already in Shneznaya for my wedding...

I sighed and settled in front of the door, the sun beating down on the city. I was thirsty so I bought a bottle of water on the way. "Y/N? What are you doing here?" When I turned around, I saw Zhongli, an old friend of Ajax and me. "It's over." I sighed.

"What happened?" He asked with a concerned expression, glancing on my neck as he took my hand and led me to a bench. "I received a letter... he cheated." my lip quivered. I never thought that he, being so obsessed with me, would cheat on me.

"Love doesn't always take the easiest paths." The man gently stroked my hair and tried to cheer me up. "But I am sure that in the end you will make the right decision." He smiled and I leaned on his shoulder.

We stayed like that for a while before I then asked him how I would get to Mondstadt as soon as possible. "I don't know why you want to go there so badly, but I do know that that businessman there will be going there again soon." He gestured at a young man.

"What is his merchandise?" i asked curiously as i looked at the redhead. "Dandelion wine." Zhongli smiled softly.

I nodded. "Then I'll say goodbye to you again. See you Zhongli." I stood up and waved at him then walked over to the guy.

When I got over there, I cleared my throat. "What is it?" he asked in a deep, raspy voice that somehow sent shivers down my spine. Rather than beating around the bush and making small talk, I just asked him straight out. "Will you take me to mondstadt?"

Somehow the redhead looked shocked but his answer came quickly. "No." he grumbled as he lifted a crate from his cart.

"What do you mean by 'no'?" I asked in bewilderment. "Quite simply, I'm not taking you there." He snarled. "I will even pay you!" I started to whine, I really had to go to Mondstadt urgently.

"The answer is no." He turned around and started talking to a man. "I'm on the run from the fatui!" I burst out. In fact, I was on the run from them, Ajax had sent them, I was sure. Why else would the fatui all of a sudden be specifically after me? The other tradesman refused to take me further because of the danger. The redhead turned. "What did you say?"

"I can explain everything to you on the journey, but please take me to Mondstadt!" I clasped my hands and begged him. "You know that there are also some Fatui in Mondstadt." I nodded, but insisted that I wanted to go there. "I must find someone." His glance fell on the bandage on my arm then wandered down to the vision-like looking gemstone, his brows furrowed.

Clearly annoyed, the young man sighed and growled. "Okay, I'll take you with me, but don't bother me." Happy I grinned I nodded and he threw me a black coat so no one would recognize me. When it started an hour later, I sat next to the guy on the carriage and left the city through its gates.

"Well? I'm listening." he said after a while and i held out my hand to him, "first let me introduce myself. Y/N is my name." His eyes widened, and for a moment he looked at me in shock. "Diluc, of Mondstadt. I've heard of you, Liyue's troublemaker." Oops...

"Well, now tell me. What are you running from them for?" He snarled impatiently. "If you don't talk, you will have to walk." Wow... "Are you always so friendly?" He glared at me briefly and I sighed.

"Well, I'm Lorenzo's illegitimate daughter..." He cut me off. "The tsaritsa's husband?" I rolled my eyes and exhaled in irritation. "Shut up when I'm talking." He frowned and his jaw and hands tensed.

"Anyway, long story short; a certain harbinger killed my best friend who tried to kill me and I was about to get married to that harbinger but he cheated right before our wedding and I ran away but he's kinda possessive so..."

"You talk very fast and very much." Diluc gave me as an answer and I glared at him angrily. He wanted me to talk. "And why do you want to go to mondstadt now?" I folded my arms. "Now that's really none of your business." I hissed.
"A harbinger you said?"

"Tartaglia." He raised his brows in shock, then his non expression face was back.

"We're going to spend the night at the inn." I shrugged my shoulders and smiled slightly. At least that's how I would see him again.

- - - - -

Diluc was a gentleman, we had to share a room, but he let me have the bed and he slept on the couch. Ajax never would have done that. It was 2 am and I was making my way onto the roof of the Inn when I heard a faint hum. He was waiting for me.

"You remember my song." I whispered as the adeptus turned around. "How could I forget." Verr Goldet told me that he sat on the roof every night and longed for my return. I sat down next to him, but he moved away a bit. "Too close." Xiao grumbled and I nodded.

"Why didn't you call me?" he asked, our eyes fixed on the sky. I knew he meant the Qince Village incident. "I don't know..." Then suddenly he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close, I was overwhelmed by the sudden closeness he was looking for.

"What are you doing?" He put his hand on the back of my head and made me lean against his chest. "Talk to me, I know you want to." Tears started welling up in my eyes and I clutched to the fabric of his shirt and broke down. "Why did he do that? I thought he loved me! I truly loved him..." I was sobbing and Xiao stroked the back of my head, I was actually confused. Xiao hated touch but yet he was by my side and had his arms around me protectively, soothing me with comfort.

"W-what are you doing now?" I sobbed confused as he grabbed my face with his hand. "You need other thoughts, happier thoughts. That's how humans express that they like each other, right?"

"It's how humans express their love for one another." I whispered when his face was really close to mine. "That's what I meant." I bit my lower lip and stared into his yellow eyes. "The ginger doesn't deserve you, you deserve better believe me."

I didn't know this side of him, but somehow this side of him was interesting, but I couldn't. I drew my face away and sighed. "I'm sorry." I just broke up with him, it didn't feel right. "All right." I crawled a few inches away from him and hugged my legs. I wasn't prepared for that, that THE Xiao would flirt like that. Though he was probably right about me deserving better.

"It's about time you go to bed." He laughed softly as I was about to fall asleep on his shoulder. "Promise me that if you need anything you will call my name." I nodded half asleep and felt him attach something to my wrist.

I was too tired to inquire. All I remember was the warmth I felt as he lifted me into his arms.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Guys I love Xiao's Jap voice over! His voice is so soothing and calming ahhh

Anyways what are your thoughts so far? Let's not mention the flirty Xiao i thought I should surprise y'all with that