Chapter 6: Dinner talks

Loki

I entered the dinning room for the first time since I happen to be so hungry today. After the fight with Steve I feel more exhausted then before.

I saw that the only empty seat was next to Steve so I walked a few steps near him and paused a few seconds when I felt my headache occur once again.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, but to my surprise everything was freezed, like the time suddenly decided to stop... I panicked a little.

maybe he came for me?

I saw the little mortal moving, walking to me and stood tiptoes to suddenly open my upper buttons of my green shirt. I flushed.

"What are you doing?" she looked up at me with those navy blue eyes again, I shaked her shoulders with my hands and she became conscious again with a complete shocked and a few gulps with blinks when I asked again.

"What were you doing right now?" I asked with a stern glare.

She pointed at the window with a horrified look.

T-thanos? I thought and looked back at the window to see absolutely nothing but clear dark sky.

I looked back and saw everyone moving again with their eyes fixed on me for some strange reason. I mentally groaned.

"Oooh! Reindeer Games! Would you please cover your chest? No one wants to see your layer!" Tony teased me. I flushed, looking at my half unbuttoned shirt and put them back correctly then rolling my eyes at his behaviour.

I ran my hand through my hair and sat on the chair with no sound. But of course, the stupid mortal's eyes were turning blue again when I did that.

I kicked her leg from down the table, which brought her back conscious and back to those normal eye colour. She blinked at looked at me.
I rolled my eyes. Strange mortal..

Her eyes started to turn blue again. I was about to wake her again but Stark stared at my every move, but then forcing his eyes on the mortal Who's eyes were going blue again. With no choice I closed my eyes and talked to her.

Wake up. Your dad is looking at your eyes..

With sudden mental voice she woke up and blinked, turning her head left seeing her father looking at her behaviour.

He is your father right?

"Everything okay Kiddo?" he asked with concern. She nodded.

'Thank you.. And he's not my father!' She replied in my head, I scoffed.

Oh really? Then why does he act like he is? She stayed quiet for few seconds.

Umm..father figure I guess? She replied. I rolled my eyes...of course you stupid mortal.

Can you please keep talking to me? She asked. I raised my eyebrow.

Why? I frowned and asked. She dropped her spoon on the plate and looked at her plate with a full red face.

Umm....my powers seem to overflow again...and I Can't seem to control it.. I rolled my eyes.

Is that why you didn't behave yourself in the morning and when I came in here? She flushed.

Yes... Maybe. She looked down at her plate.

And were you the one who stopped the time few minutes ago? She didn't reply for few seconds.

Yeah I....didn't know I could do that...she said mentally. I rolled my eyes.

Stark seemed to notice her red face and turned his head towards her.

"You alright Kiddo? You seem red...you catching a fever or something?" she shook her head.

He placed his palm on her forehead, checking her temperature. And pulled his hand back when the temperature was normal.

"Get some rest okay?" she nodded and they turned back to their plates.

You know I could teach you how to control those powers...I mentioned casually. Her eyes lid up and looked a little up at me.

Really? Can you do that? She asked with a little excitement.

Yes but it takes a lot of time to learn that.. She paused.

Umm...are you sure I can learn to control my powers? Or are you bluffing around? She asked. I chuckled under my breath.

Oh sweet kitten...I have learnt magic for over thousands of years and am the best all around the nine realms and you question me?

She flushed. Noo that's not what I meant...sorry.

No need to apologize...do you want me to teach you? I asked looking straight up at her food stuffed face and hid a giggle.

Yes..but how long it might take? I don't want to ruin missions and let everyone know...I thought about it for few minutes before I replied.

Approximately few months, maybe two or three...I said and took a bite of the delicious meal....ahh Vallehiem bless whoever made this heavenly meal..it's soo good.

Steve made it.. Y/n replied. I looked up.

The Soldier? I paused when she nodded.

I thought he only knew how to fight and show his righteousness..I said with sarcasm. She giggled and I hid a smile.

We talked and few more minutes, hiding our giggling and smiles from Tony so he wouldn't suspect anything but just when I glanced at my right, I saw my Oaf brother and Steve look at us a little strangely.

Steve leaned close and whispered "Loki, are you okay?" I flushed a little.

"Of course! why would you ask that?" I asked with amusement. He signed.

"Just checking in.." he said and went back to his meal, taking small glances at my side.

We all finished our meal and Thor looked at Steve with a wide bright smile.

"Thank you for the meal Captain! I sure would never go back to Asgard again if I had you make me dinner everytime." everyone laughed softly.

"Why thank you Thor. It was my pleasure to serve you all tonight." Steve replied.

"Well I better get going, I have a meeting tomorrow." Tony said and got up from his seat.

"Kiddo get some rest okay? I don't want to see you pale again." he patted Y/n's head and walked out.

Everyone took their leave and so did I after few minutes.

"Loki, hope you'll be prepared for tomorrow's training." Steve said from behind, taking his apron and folding it gently.

I groaned and went back to my room for some rest.

----

After a nice peaceful sleep with no nightmares for my surprise, I woke up when bright sunlight fell on my face.

If only I never ever got any nightmares of him again...

I opened my eyes and saw the little mortal in black hoodie wrapped up all around me. I groaned.

Not this again...

________