I smiled and then we both knocked. The doctor opened the door and lets us in. I saw papa in the hospital bed next to a window, connected to oxygen machines. I just wanted to cry as I saw him, but I didn't. I needed to ask the doctor what happened to him.

"You're his children?" He ask.
"I'm his daughter. He's my classmate and a close friend." I explained.
"Alright. Well, Mr. L/N is currently in a difficult state to explain. During his recovery, he told me how he used his telekinesis quirk too much to save some people in the fire, it effected part of his brain because of it. How often does he use his quirk?"
"Not as much. And he usually lifts small objects. Unlike me who can lift heavy items."
"That's the other thing that happened to him. Depending on the time or what he uses his quirk on, it will affect the mind of its user. Telekinesis can be a bit dangerous if it's not carefully treated or mastered. And because it, he keeps slipping in and out of consciousness at random hours. But don't worry, he's recovering well. We just need to get him stable again once his brain is back to normal. In the meantime, we can let you know when he's wake for you to see him, like right now."

I looked at papa then back to the doctor when he pointed out something. "Before I forget, we found something on his chest when he was taken in. Take a look at this."

He handed me a small picture of a wound papa had. The cuts were stained with blood and it had a weird shape.

This didn't seem to be an accident, but an incident

This didn't seem to be an accident, but an incident. I think someone purposely set the building on fire and hurt him. But who? All I could do is tear up.

"H-how could someone... do this to him?"
"What is that strange mark?" Shoto points at the wound shaped like a B and a C together. Was it some sort of initial? An insignia? And why cut it on his skin like that?

"We don't know. We handed this to the police and are on the case. The wound doesn't seem to deep but he should be careful with it."
"Thank you doctor." Shoto said as the doctor walked out to leave us alone.

I got close to papa's bed in tears, Shoto's just took my hand.
"I'm right here, my little snowflake." He soothingly said.

"Papa?" I chocked but spoke again, "Papa, it's me... F/N... I'm here with you... Can you hear me?"

"F/N...?" Papa's eyes slowly opened as we were shocked to see him. He smiles as I cried and hugged him.
"There's my little girl..." Papa said raspy.
"I'm so sorry Papa! I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner! I'm so happy you're ok!"
"Sweetheart... I'm so happy to see you alright."

He noticed Shoto and gestures him to hug him as he did.

"Todoroki, thank you. I know that you've been taking care of my daughter. I had a dream, or perhaps a vision, of you taking her in after the accident. Thank you so much." Papa said to Shoto.
"Mr. L/N... I'm happy to help." He said.
"Papa, try not to use your quirk too much. Your head is already in a bad shape." I said.
"Don't worry... I'll be fine..."