🤍 Chapter 27

Author's Note:

Hi, you guys! <3

The sequel is drawing to a close! My heart goes out to Lia and Aonung as I write the last chapters of their love story.

Truthfully, I'm not ready to let go of them yet.

As I was writing the first chapters of the new Aonung x OC book (Enemies to Lovers), I felt so sad. I felt like I was making Aonung cheat on Lia with Katiya, lol.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to share the first chapter of 'Behind Those Eyes' with y'all by the end of this week!

Please look forward to it!

.

.

.

🤍

.

.

.

"You did well," Lia whispered, squeezing his hand gently.

Norm and the doctor had successfully removed the bullet lodged in his shoulder. To cover the wound, they patched a white gauze on it.

"Can't believe that tiny ball of metal took me out." Aonung frowned as he leaned against the sturdy fabric wall of the Marui, glancing at the bloody bullet on the metal tray.

Norm chuckled. "Once it heals, you'll have a bullet scar there. But other than that, the recovery process should be smooth from here on out."

As Lia winced, she suddenly felt a wave of pain surge from her stomach. Immediately, Aonung held onto her as he pulled her up against him.

"What's wrong, baby?"

She inhaled sharply as she rested her hand on her baby bump. "I'm fine... It's probably just stress from everything."

In concern, Norm glanced at the doctor before averting his gaze to Lia.

"Why don't we do a quick check-up on your baby, Lia," He suggested.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," She nodded.

"Alright, we'll be back in a moment. We're gonna grab the equipment really quick from the gunship." After collecting their materials, Norm and the doctor exited the Marui together.

The two lovers were now alone in their Marui.

As Lia let out a sigh of exhaustion, Aonung wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I've been thinking," She began as he peered down at her. "If it weren't for Luam, I would have lost you and my brother... He said that the flower was a family heirloom. Why did he give it to me so easily?"

Aonung sighed. "Why do you think I beat him up? For him to do that showed how important you were to him. So, I won't lie when I say his feelings for you were genuine."

He paused momentarily before murmuring, "That's why I had to beat the crap out of him, that skxawng."

"I'm glad you didn't kill him," She joked, looking up at him. "Because he became your savior."

"Pfft, the flower's the real hero." He rolled his eyes.

A burst of laughter escaped her lips. "You really won't give him the credit, won't you?"

"Alright, we're wheeling it in," Norm announced as he and the doctor returned with machinery Lia had seen at High Camp a few times.

After successfully mounting the equipment inside, Norm activated the equipment by pressing some buttons.