🤍 Chapter 6

On the horizon, the sky began to change colors, indicating that nighttime was approaching.

Before parting ways with Luam, Lia examined him for injuries. She was shocked at what Aonung did and apologized on his behalf.

Thankfully, Luam didn't take it to heart. Instead, he just laughed and said he still had fun even though it hurt a little when he fell into the water.

Then, she moved toward the communal area to assist in dinner preparation.

In the middle of a table, three girls were watching her every move.

"Ugh, hate her. Always have and always will." Faytu rolled her eyes, averting her gaze from Lia.

"I just can't believe that Aonung settled for someone like her," Ezaa mumbled.

In anticipation of a nasty comment from Sylvon, they turned their attention to her. However, she just blinked at them, absentminded.

"Oh," she forced a small smile. "Uh, yeah, I question that too."

"Ugh." Faytu rolled her eyes, disappointed in her friend's reply before slumping over on the tabletop.

Ever since Amife's departure, they had to endure living in the village and constantly seeing Lia. But in reality, it was mostly Faytu who still held a grudge against their future Tsahik for driving her lover, Amife's brother, away.

As for Sylvon, she was secretly disappointed with Amife and her brother's actions against Lia. Neither anger nor resentment was present in her mind towards Lia. Although she was Amife's friend, she would never support the bonding of forced mates.

Furthermore, Ezaa had done things with Aonung long before Lia entered the picture. Because of that, Amife never got along with Ezaa. They bullied her and she tormented Amife by flirting with Aonung. So Sylvon was shocked to find Faytu establishing friendships with Ezaa so quickly.

"Hey, will she say yes if we invite her to eat with us?" Ezaa inquired, a plan brewing in her mind.

"Yeah, the bitch can't ever say no," Faytu snickered. "I like that idea."

As Lia emerged from behind the storage, they watched and waited. By now, there were multiple Metkayinas gathered at the tables, chatting and laughing.

The sky darkened as nearby torches illuminated their surroundings.

While pondering if Aonung had returned from his hunt, Lia's thoughts wandered to him, her heart filled with concern. Perhaps she will go look for him.

However, she was stopped by Faytu as she walked past the three girls who had been watching her like hawks.

"Hey, Lia." The girl gave her a smile. "We were wondering, do you want to have dinner with us? We thought it would be nice since it had been a while."

She glanced from Faytu to Ezaa and then to Sylvon, who was biting her lip nervously. Faytu and Ezaa's scheming smiles gave her the impression that they had ulterior motives.

For a year, she had ignored Amife's two friends. And now, it was strange that they were trying to befriend her again—and with the new girl as well.

However, she didn't have time for child's play. Her priority was to find Aonung and make sure he had returned safe and sound.

Before she could deny them, Ezaa spoke up.

"It was my idea, in case you were wondering," she giggled. "I wanted to get to know you better since you're going to be our Tsahìk and all. Also, I thought if you don't mind, we could be friends."